Animal waste

Jetblast

Threads
I'd kill somebody for harming a whisker on THIS face....

Dawwwwww! Nice kitty.

These are my mobile lawn fertilization units.

4952589983_6955161ecf_m.jpg

grnspot110

Threads
Unfortunately that is something that bad people actually do, so it hits a little close to home.

The "bad people" are the ones who won't teach their pets to stay home, for the pets own safety! That's why pets get hit on the road & pick up things they shouldn't.

As far as running them off, a good loud stern "GET OUTTA' HERE" usually works. If the pets owner doesn't like the noise, who cares!

My dog stays in his own yard. ~~ grnspot

Jetblast

Threads
The "bad people" are the ones who won't teach their pets to stay home, for the pets own safety! That's why pets get hit on the road & pick up things they shouldn't.

As far as running them off, a good loud stern "GET OUTTA' HERE" usually works. If the pets owner doesn't like the noise, who cares!

My dog stays in his own yard. ~~ grnspot

Yes, of course it's illegal (in many counties) and irresponsible to let your dog roam. As for cats, I know that some people have house cats which tend to live longer than free-range cats for the reasons you've mentioned, but can you teach a free-range cat to stay in its own yard? I don't know, I've never had a cat.

grnspot110

Threads
Yes, of course it's illegal (in many counties) and irresponsible to let your dog roam. As for cats, I know that some people have house cats which tend to live longer than free-range cats for the reasons you've mentioned, but can you teach a free-range cat to stay in its own yard? I don't know, I've never had a cat.

"Free range" cats are a big problem anywhere, caused by careless owners. Cats are not wildlife & should not be treated as such. I understand cats having the "run" on farm or ranch properties, but in towns they need to be kept at home! ~~ grnspot

Jetblast

Threads
"Free range" cats are a big problem anywhere, caused by careless owners. Cats are not wildlife & should not be treated as such. I understand cats having the "run" on farm or ranch properties, but in towns they need to be kept at home! ~~ grnspot

Agreed. The clear solution is for the OP to shoot the cat's owner with a BB gun.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wouldn't harm a Dog or Cat because of it, but our neighbors have a minimum of 10 acres each and most many more. When we moved in the neighbor across the road had a Golden Retriever that came out of the house every morning and straight across the road into our driveway and left a LOAD where we needed to be careful not to get it in the vehicle tires. I didn't say anything until that dog wasn't with them anymore, but when they got a new one I told them what Charlie used to do and that I expected the new one to be trained to stay home to do his business. Charlie was here before we were and Lightning was a puppy and I could expect him to be trained. Lightning stays home.

The cats come over and when our Lab Zazz notices them she makes them go home. Jazz will even stop at the property line when she is chasing cats or deer. When the cat or deer are out of her yard she is happy and stops.

2Jazz Deer 10-13.JPG

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
There are piles of deer poop EVERYWHERE on my yard, maybe I better get a BB gun to run them off as she suggested...:laughing:

For deer I would suggest a center fire rifle round... just shooing them off will generally put them right smack in front of someones car...
Too many folks have been salt lick & feeding deer, bringing them more often into populated areas... and right into the traffic ... not good for deer and not good for the folks trying to dodge them... :smile:KennyV

Honey

Threads
There are huge colonies of feral cats in my community and no matter how much we complain, no one will do anything about it. They fight with the 8 cats I feed and look after and I get very tired of the mess they leave in my yard. Excuse me if I get angry enough to want to shoot at them!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
...feral cats...They fight with the 8 cats I feed and look after
... Excuse me if I get angry enough to want to shoot at them!

If they were disturbing my barn cats. They would already be history... don't blame you at all... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
There are huge colonies of feral cats in my community and no matter how much we complain, no one will do anything about it. They fight with the 8 cats I feed and look after and I get very tired of the mess they leave in my yard. Excuse me if I get angry enough to want to shoot at them!

Had you been more detailed in your original post it would have given us a clear picture of your situation....I'd probably want to throw something at them myself.