Flat Tires

FiddlerKY

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,

I have Raptor 52" and I've had 4 flat tires since I've bought it in April. At first it was the front/rear right side...this time it's the front/rear left side. I've inspected the tires and don't see anything stuck in any of them. I used Fix-A-Flat (as recommended by the dealer) and it's working, but it's a bit frustrating. I obviously don't think it's anything with the mower itself...any ideas what I could be hitting in the yard that would puncture the tires but not stay in them? I mow about an acre - it's got 2-3 hills with plateaus.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It seems to me you would have the answer to that? Boards with nails in them. Have you found the leaks and how big are the holes. Are the leaks in the thread or side wall. Nail size holes you and buy plugs for. Fix a leak works OK but if some day you or someone else have to change the tire it makes for a big mess.

gabowman

Threads
Dude, it's obvious youre not mowing a regular yard having 4 flats in 2 months or so. I'd walk the yard and inspect what I was mowing over if I were you.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
How old are the tires? The chinese specials on my tractor cart developed dry rot in year ten and had splits all 'round.