replacing air deck tires with flat free

Jinzo Ningen

Threads
Both of deck frame tires on the 72" mower I have are losing air and require pumping with every mow and the diamond tread is about worn off. I searched and found Marathon Flat Free Tires thru Northern Tool. The stock tires are 4x10 and these are 3.5x9 so I hope that won't screw up the cut. Anyone else running these? I didn't want solid tires that might cause my deck to bounce all over the place on bumpy patches of lawn, so I sure hope these will work. With any luck they'll last for the life of the mower.

Raege

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do you have a front mount or mid mount? My company has two 325D mid mount grasshoppers and we use the flat free tires. Our local grasshopper dealer had them there or were able to order them for us. I'm not sure what brand they are off the top of my head, but with the front suspension forks also installed the ride quality is still better than the aired up tires without the suspension forks. We also have grammar seats installed on our machines.

Jinzo Ningen

Threads
Sorry it's taken so long to respond. The tires work GREAT! They are Marathon brand and I bought them online thru Northern Tool. They were $19/ea.
Marathon FlatFree.JPG
Since installing I have had ZERO problems. Actually, I was chopping down some scrub in my woods and I caught the front tires on a small downed limb. When I got back to the house I discovered that I had ridden the tire partially off the rim! All I did was take it off, use a screwdriver to push the bead back onto the rim, re-install and PRESTO! I was out mowing again within 10 minutes. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade.