THROTTLE SPEED WHEN CUTTING GRASS....

loomster2000

Threads
Hi,

I just recently purchased a Hustler X-One i. I was wondering where you guys set the throttle on your Hustlers when you're mowing the grass. Do you set it around 3/4 or do you open it up all the way?

Thanks!

- Van L.

Micko

Threads
These mowers are designed to run a WOT. Lower revs mean slower blade tip speed for one, but also to drive the hydros, cooling etc.

Carheir

Threads
I normally run my x1i WO, but have on occasion ran it a little less. It is my understanding that the mfg. recommends WO during mowing. So how are you liking the X1i?

loomster2000

Threads
Thanks for the replies Micko and Carheir. I ran it wide open the first time I cut and then 3/4 open the second time. I noticed I conserved gas at 3/4 open, so that's why I was wondering about it.

Carheir, I am really enjoying my X1i. It cut my mowing time down from 10 hours to 2.5 hours. Plus I love the zero turn once I got the hang of it! I just wished they would've did a cut-out for name on the back like the Fastrak SD instead of just a Hustler sticker. Other than that (and that's really nothing), I'm loving it!

Micko

Threads
Thanks for the replies Micko and Carheir. I ran it wide open the first time I cut and then 3/4 open the second time. I noticed I conserved gas at 3/4 open, so that's why I was wondering about it.

Carheir, I am really enjoying my X1i. It cut my mowing time down from 10 hours to 2.5 hours. Plus I love the zero turn once I got the hang of it! I just wished they would've did a cut-out for name on the back like the Fastrak SD instead of just a Hustler sticker. Other than that (and that's really nothing), I'm loving it!

Fuels cheap in comparison to hydro system and engine repairs!

Im sure it says in the manual to run at WOT!

gabowman

Threads
I run my Fastrak SD at WOT.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fuels cheap in comparison to hydro system and engine repairs!

Im sure it says in the manual to run at WOT!

Yep I agree, I'm not aware of ANY ZTR's that recommend NOT mowing at full throttle. Many will tell you to use 1/2 to 3/4 throttle when starting the engine or engaging/dis-engaging the PTO but not when mowing.

Ridin' Green

Threads
Yep I agree, I'm not aware of ANY ZTR's that recommend NOT mowing at full throttle. Many will tell you to use 1/2 to 3/4 throttle when starting the engine or engaging/dis-engaging the PTO but not when mowing.

The Exmark's with RED technology starting last year don't have a std throttle. Just a 3 position rocker switch, so they are one machine that does run at less the WOT for cutting. otherwise, all manu's recommend running at WOT for almost all cutting scenarios.

BTW- you have a excellent mower.:smile: