Buying Advice My recent experience bought an HRR then had to buy an HRX mower. HRR VS HRX

allhifi

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / My recent experience bought an HRR then had to buy an HRX mower. HRR VS HRX
Peter,

Certainly interested what Honda has to say.

I think you made the right choice with HRX. Believe me, I thought about the difference for several weeks. I did not need the bigger engine of the HRX, but I really wanted the deck. i held off a year hoping they would bring the plastic deck to the HRR as another model, but as we all know, it did not happen. Again, my deciding factor was the extra weight.

Now being in my early 60's, I am not the young guy tooling around in the yard pushing the mower. I am waiting for the day when some young kid comes around and says, "excuse me old guy, would you like me to cut your grass?" The only saving grace is that young kids no longer seem to cut grass or shovel walks.

Perhaps if the newer mowers come with gaming screens, we may see kids cutiing the lawns.

Hi Rich: I had a good chuckle about the kids (with video screens on the Mowers/Blowers) in order to inspire them to do some work ! (Yet, I feel sorry for them for two reasons: 1) lack of work ethic, and 2) laziness =unhealthy extra weight.)

In any case, I purchased the HRR (2169 VKC --Canada), NOT the HR"X". Although I admired its superior build quality, I (as you) found it both a bit heavy --and "bulky" for my needs. Needs, that I may add is cutting my parents lawns (Mom 86 & father 93 years-of-age) with rather smallish lawns.

I absolutely love the powered Rear wheels of the HRR --it pulls you along quite nicely ! (As a man with serious spine issues, the pushing-stretching required with a non-wheel powered unit would result in hours (if not days) of seriously vicious pain. The spine "issue" is within the CNS itself --arachnoiditis).

Well, I'm on my way to see them, and perhaps offer to do the 2nd cut with the new mower.

We'll speak again. I'll definitely post once Honda responds.

peter