New kid, only 65, and retired for 10 years, live in East Texas

JR2

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New kid, only 65, and retired for 10 years, live in East Texas
I have a 2006 Kubota ZG20. with a RZK-48 mower. I mow 2-acres with it every week during the summer, & then mulch the leaves in the fall. I have never taken mower back to the shop, except to replace defect that came from the factory that wouldn't charge battery. I change my oil, filter, every year, and blades when needed. I use Cheveron reg. gas, never changed the fuel filter, or belt on mower deck. I did buy a new belt this year just in case it breaks during the peak summer, maybe should have waited a few more years, because the existing belt shows no wear. Love my mower, but wife says, when this one wears out it will be my last one, will get a yard boy, got lots of arthritis. I kinda of wonder if it will wear out in my like time. I also have a 2003 Kubota L4330 4x4, with a front end loader, 6-ft brush hog; 5-ft wide 3pt. hitch roto tiller for garden, and where hogs root up pasture at farm, plus some other pull behind attachments. I never have taken it back to shop except to have the first year maintenance done on it as required by Kubota for warranty period. Both machines have been easy to service, and I am no mechanic. I'm heading to farm now, had a old red oak tree that has been dead, for at least 11-years fall over, I need to snake it out of the woods, and put onto of burn pile. Some of it fell into the road going down to house, & barns. Just an old kid want-a-bee farm boy.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
:welcome:eek:ld kid want-a-bee farm boy

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use red oak in my wood shop to make Furniture. Too bad its going into the burn pile because it would also make some very fine fire wood witch I use a lot of here in NY. I wasn't that lucky to retire as young as you and now the body just doesn't work as well as it did back when I was 65. Sure sound like you are enjoying retirement, I know I sure am.