What kind of ride on is this?

Lewbo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello newbie on the forum, I have recently bought a new house the seller is leaving the ride on as part of the deal, can someone tell me what make this is sorry about the crap picture it's the only one I have to hand, I need to buy a new battery for it so could anyone tell me what type of mower this is or what spec/size battery I will need to buy.
Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 35

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just take the battery out and take it with you to either your favorite auto parts store, or Walmart, or some place else that you like. The most important thing about lawn mower batteries is which side the + post is. If you hold the battery to your chest with the battery post facing toward you which side is the + post, and then make sure the battery you get is on the same side.

I know there is another company that makes mowers that look like that but it reminds me of a Solo mower. If it is, I didn't know they sold any in this country. But you are closer to the Solo headquarters in Virginia than I am.

Threads
It looks like a Castelgarden mower (a European brand). I would take Ilengine's advice about the battery, though.

Castelgarden_TCB102_Main.jpg

Lewbo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the input guys, it is indeed a castelgarden mower as you said, only problem I can't get it started I fitted a new battery today but it would crank over after trying for a few minutes I noticed the starter felt hot. I'm thinking possible problems might be solenoid, starter or bad ground somewhere? Any suggestions how I can get it started would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Lewbo.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for the input guys, it is indeed a castelgarden mower as you said, only problem I can't get it started I fitted a new battery today but it would crank over after trying for a few minutes I noticed the starter felt hot. I'm thinking possible problems might be solenoid, starter or bad ground somewhere? Any suggestions how I can get it started would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Lewbo.

That's a right purty lawn tractor!!!!! I wish I had more knowledge about troubleshooting and repairs. I sure hope you get it running and clean it up(we expect an "after" picture":0)
Like I said....nice lawn tractor!!!