Jacobsen commercial

unclelee

Threads

can anybody tell me about this mower?....

jp1961

Threads
Uncle Lee,

I had a Jake turbo-cut 21", it wasn't the commercial model. Mine had the top pull starter not the side pull like yours. Jacobsen built a very good two stroke (albeit on the small side of 102cc). The turbo-cut had a unique blade, a round stamped steel disc with four blades bolted to it. It did an outstanding job vs a blade with two cutting surfaces. Jacobsen made a 321 and 501 engine, the 321 standing for 32:1 oil mix and 501 standing for 50:1 oil mix. The engines were identical except for the bearings (I think). My Jake started on the first pull every time. My turbo-cut was a push mower, I don't think they offered self propelled on their 2 stroke models, but you could get the exact same mower with a 4 cycle engine, that model I think you could get as self propelled.

Jeff

unclelee

Threads

Found it on craigslist..just cleaned her up a bit.

buzzzmeister

Threads
Awesome! My Jakes are just a bit bigger at 72" and 15'. :laughing:

unclelee

Threads
Awesome! My Jakes are just a bit bigger at 72" and 15'. :laughing:
lol I could mow my place in a couple passes with your big mower. The hard part would be to get it in the back yard through my 32" gate.

slopoke

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just was given what appears to be this exact mower.

Can anyone tell me anything about it?

Where can I get parts and what should I do to get it running?

Thanks so much for any help!

unclelee

Threads
It is a mid 60s to early 70s modle with a walbro carb....engine is a Jake two cycle...still has 105 psi dry compression.
Lee

Jake Com 20

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just looking at it, it looks to be 50s-60s What type of motor?

Pretty cool to have a mower with a REAL carburetor!

It's a Jacobsen Commercial 20 mower. 1960's - early 70's vintage. Jacobsen 321 or 501 3 hp 2 cycle engine. Fuel mix is 32:1 (5 oz 30W Non-detergent oil to 1 gallon of 100% gas). Find a place that sells the 100% gas not the 10% ethanol crap they sell at most stations now days. The ethanol plays havoc with the fuel systems on small engines causing gumming, hose break down, etc over time. On the fuel mix, a little smoke is fine. Better to have too much oil in the gas than not enough & blow the engine ! Carburetor should be a Walbro LMB.