Picking Up New Kommander!

MiKubota

Forum Newbie
Threads
Finally decided to break down and get a new mower. This will be our first ZTR, completely skipping the lawn tractor thing. Finally decided on the Kommander based on the ease of use, solid build quality, warranty, and great design.

Going to pick up "Kubby" tomorrow.

tmanscrew

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds great! Post review because I am trying to decide on between the Kubota/Grasshopper/Scag!:confused2:

MiKubota

Forum Newbie
Threads
Will provide my first impressions as long as we have some dry weather that allows me to mow.

We had considered Toro Titan ZX4800, Husqvarna MZ52LE as well, but decided on the Kubota. Deck lift ergonomics and ease of use was the most deciding factor. While I didn't have any problems, my wife (5'2" and 100lbs soaking wet) struggled with the deck lift of other machines.

We spent more time deciding on the mower than we do on cars :confused2:. BTW, it's not that we view cars as a simple appliance and don't care - we just know exactly what we want in a car down to every detail.

Ragnar4841

Threads
Congrats on the Kubota purchase! If you like it half as much as I like mine, you're golden.

Get yourself a good set of ear protection and watch that ROPS if you have any low-hanging branches.

Duckman

Threads
Have fun man....

Be patient and don't get frustrated, once in a while you will tare up a little grass when you turn. You will get the hang of it. If you are using it in flat areas...pull that ROP bar off, you will enjoy it more. Plus you can get a cover on it easier.

Keep us updated... we will all be happy to help you.

Stay safe,

Mike

MiKubota

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did the first cut with the Kommander yesterday morning. Overall things went very well, other than forgetting to adjust the anti-scalp wheels. :ashamed: Cut ended up a little close where I crest a hill that's near a tree, due to the wrong level of the anti-scalp wheels. Other than that there were no incidents to speak of - no turfing, collisions, etc. Quality of cut looks very good - on par, if not better than the neighbors lawn, which is cut by a service using Exmark mowers.

Observations from first cut:
  • Low speed control is excellent
  • Powerful - you can really feel the power when engaging the deck
  • Great cut quality - Level deck - No uncut stragglers
  • Loud - must wear hearing protection
  • Easy to control - even when going across a grade
  • Very little accumulation of clippings under the deck

Cut time was reduced from several hours (using a walk behind) to about 30 minutes. I actually had no idea how long it took to mow until I checked the hour meter. I never hit top speed, and there's plenty of opportunity to optimize cut paths and further reduce cutting time.

IZK

Forum Newbie
Threads
Would anyone advise what's the true difference between the Kommander ZG127E vs. ZG127S with a 54" mower except for the lights that I do not care for. Just contracted for the E with grass catcher and the seat suspension kit for the total of (before tax) $6,249.00

RCCola45

Threads
Would anyone advise what's the true difference between the Kommander ZG127E vs. ZG127S with a 54" mower except for the lights that I do not care for. Just contracted for the E with grass catcher and the seat suspension kit for the total of (before tax) $6,249.00

The 127 is last years model. The S version comes with the LED lights and has the seat suspension kit installed .... I know the 2014 version of the E has B&S Professional Series and the S version has Kohler Courage Pro. I looked about 3 weeks ago in town and they the new 2014 models displayed. E version selling for 4499 and the S version 4999.

Ended up getting the Toro Titan ZX5400. I drove the Kommander and it sure seems like a nice machine. I know gal that has 3 of the diesel Kabota's and she seldom has any trouble with them and said she would never get anything else. Enjoy!!!

Timm

Duckman

Threads
What he said... To me the seat is worth it. The lights is neither here nor there to me. I do prefer the Kohler over the BS.

That 54" is one mutha of a deck, you will LOVE the cut.

Man I love WI, my son is in grad school at UW. If I could make a living and somehow ignore the cold, I'd be there in a flash.