Gator edger blades

Mike88se

Threads
These things rock :thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
These things rock :thumbsup:

Yep they do a great job because there sharpened blades and cost considerably more money. I found they don't last as long as the un-sharpened plain blades so there not really cost effective on the bottom line. Don't get me wrong if you like the things by all means use them but I personally would rather pay one quarter the cost for the dull blades.

Mike88se

Threads
The ones I got aren't sharpened. And at less than $2 each they're cheaper than the ones I was buying at HD. I'm not at a point where I need to buy blades in bulk but I got 10 for $18 and change shipped.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The ones I got aren't sharpened. And at less than $2 each they're cheaper than the ones I was buying at HD. I'm not at a point where I need to buy blades in bulk but I got 10 for $18 and change shipped.

You probably got a generic of some type, Oregon makes a version along with several other that look like gator blades . Oregon calls theirs a Magnum Blades. All the Gator blades I've ever seen have been sharp or should I say had an edge. I get my blades at the shop, I get 50 blades to a box for $39.95 which figures out to 79 to 80 cents each.

Last edited:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I buy the 99 cent edger blades not sharpened they last a weekish and I can buy them 25 at a time lasts most the season. They do not last long however but hey cheap

Ridin' Green

Threads
You probably got a generic of some type, Oregon makes a version along with several other that look like gator blades . Oregon calls theirs a Magnum Blades. All the Gator blades I've ever seen have been sharp or should I say had an edge. I get my blades at the shop, I get 50 blades to a box for $39.95 which figures out to 79 to 80 cents each.

I buy Oregon Gator edger blades locally for the same price as the heavier regular blades, and non of them have been sharpened. They end up self sharpening though, and I like that. They cut cleaner than the regular blades do, especially with a straight shaft edger that turns slower than the curved shaft models.

Mike88se

Threads
Yeah, mine are stamped Oregon but they're also stamped China ;)