Lombardini diesel

cwallen

Threads
Does any body know a good place to get lombardini engine parts.It is on a 1985 allis chalmers 920 hydro. Any input is greatly appreciated.

umtg0jn

Threads
Re: Lombardini diesel fuel pump parts

Recently acquired a Simplicity 7790 diesel with power steering which is not running. Am needing the umbrella type check valves for the fuel lift pump. They are 3/4", (.750), in diameter and the stem are 1/10",(.100) diameter. Has anyone found a source for parts needs yet?

Last edited:

jp1961

Threads
Hmmm,

I've got a lathe and mill in my basement and I'm a machinist as a profession, can you upload a fairly detailed drawing of the fuel valve that you need?

Regards

Jeff

SidecarFlip

Threads
Hmmm,

I've got a lathe and mill in my basement and I'm a machinist as a profession, can you upload a fairly detailed drawing of the fuel valve that you need?

Regards

Jeff

Gee, I own a job shop. I'd like to see you make a rubber valve disc with a vulcanized in metal stem. I'm a Journeyman T&D maker, not a machine hand.

umtg0jn

Threads
If you have eBay, do a search for 26-41 check valve. It is the Holly carburetor version which is the wrong size. Also have a lathe but doubt that a rubber part can be turned smooth enough or thin enough to serve as a umbrella check valve. I include the dimensions in original post in case some one knew of another application for this size of umbrella check valve. Thank you for your response to my help request.

Last edited:

jp1961

Threads
Sorry,,,I thought it was a metal piece, didn't realize it was rubber, yeah I can't help you.

Sidecar flip,,,I'm sure you're a better machinist than me,,,a legend in your own mind.

Regards

Jeff

umtg0jn

Threads
Many check valves "are" spring closed, metal to metal design. You have a good idea about machining one. If there is room in the pump housing, I should be able to machine an aluminum disk and set it up with spring loaded check balls. I am not sharp enough to post photos here in the forum. If you would like to see, there are photos of the disassembled pump in my Sunday facebook posting at "Allis-Chalmers/ Simplicity Garden Tractors". Your comments are greatly appreciated. Until I work out the mechanical pump repair, I will use the electric pump. Thank you again for your input.

umtg0jn

Threads
Re: Lombardini diesel fuel pump check valves

Found a pair for the Holly carburetor from a friend. They are listed on eBay at a very reasonable cost, less than $2 each, but I could never find the dimensions to know they would fit. Slightly smaller in diameter (also orange colored) but they work. Have the pump installed and operating .