what 2 stroke oil are you guy's using and why?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I use Supertech 2 cycle oil from Walmart by the gallons. I use it in my string trimmers, chain saws, outboard motor and my Honda 50cc scooter also my golf cart and 3 wheeler with no problems. I been using it for over 17 years. It has been tested and rated for all the engines I use. It is inexpensive and burns very good. There is no reason to use anything else unless you have money to throw away or need a status symbol. It is rated TC-W3 which should be good for most any 2 cycle engine. If you are not comfortable with a TC-W3 oil there are a few brands that are around $10.00 per qt. I use so much oil I would be out of cash in a month or two. The choice is between you and your pocket book!

Yes & no
Using modern synthetic oils which have better mixing properties and cleaner burning, allows to use much leaner fuel : oil ratios.
Leaner mixes = more power which is good if the engine has variable jetting.
I run a lot of 2 strokes down here where we go over 100 deg in your money regularly with the ratio dropped from 30:1 to 50:1 without the slightest of problems

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've been using Echo's Power-Blend, it's a syn-blend. But I only use a gallon of mix a season (usually).

I am gonna try Echo's Red Armor, which is supposed to be helpful at cleaning the combustion chambers.

But with either I still add 1 ounce of Seafoam* to my 1 gallon mix can.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
what ever is on sale

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use Supertech 2 cycle oil from Walmart by the gallons. I use it in my string trimmers, chain saws, outboard motor and my Honda 50cc scooter also my golf cart and 3 wheeler with no problems. I been using it for over 17 years. It has been tested and rated for all the engines I use. It is inexpensive and burns very good. There is no reason to use anything else unless you have money to throw away or need a status symbol. It is rated TC-W3 which should be good for most any 2 cycle engine. If you are not comfortable with a TC-W3 oil there are a few brands that are around $10.00 per qt. I use so much oil I would be out of cash in a month or two. The choice is between you and your pocket book!

I agree Supertech, its cheap and dose the job :thumbsup:

Zippster

Threads
I agree Supertech, its cheap and dose the job :thumbsup:

TCW3 is designed for water cooled outboard engines. Lawnboy started from Outboard Marine Company and they don't run at high RPM. I would not use TCW3 for high revving engines like weed wackers, leaf blowers etc, unless they call for it.

That said I use the lawnboy oil in my 1994 mower without any issues. When I run out of the cans of it that I have, which is probably next year, I might go with a full synthetic oil.

tew45

Threads
TCW3 is designed for water cooled outboard engines. Lawnboy started from Outboard Marine Company and they don't run at high RPM. I would not use TCW3 for high revving engines like weed wackers, leaf blowers etc, unless they call for it.

That said I use the lawnboy oil in my 1994 mower without any issues. When I run out of the cans of it that I have, which is probably next year, I might go with a full synthetic oil.

If outboard rated oil is not usable in the weed whacker type engines just use the brand that matches the equipment. They could use the extra cash. Or you can use the JASO FC rated 2 cycle oils. JASO FC rated list can be found here:
http://www.jalos.or.jp/onfile/pdf/2T_EV_LIST.pdf

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
In my younger years 40's and 50's all we ever used was just a straight 30 W oil in all 2 cycle engines. I just don't recall ever having a problem other then spark plugs. I have a camp in the NY mountains an one of my old timers neighbor just mix's 10W30 motor oil with his gas in chain saws and as far as I know he is just fine with it. So this being said I don't see a problem with two cycle Supertech. If I have a two cycle engine that I really cared about I would use the 100 to 1 Amsoil.
No one agrees on oil on this forum.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
No one agrees on oil on ANY forum.