what 2 stroke oil are you guy's using and why?

AnthemBassMan

Threads
Never tried Lucas. Maybe after I use my last bottle of Stihl, I'll give it a shot. The only place around here I've seen it was Autozone. And that was the small, single mix bottle...

L8R,
Matt

Vanousb

Threads
Anyone have experience with Echo Red Armor 2 cycle vs Stihl high performance 2 cycle for trimmers, blowers, ...2 cycle engines? Other top choices?

LB8210

Threads
Using Lawn-Boy mowers since 1965. A 1965 and a 1968 these were 16 to 1 mowers that the only oil used was Lawn boy oil. The only service they needed was port cleaning and a new plug. Since Lawn Boy changed and improved their motors around 1971 or 72 my newer models have been run on Lawn Boy oil only at 32 to 1 and I have not seen any carbon build up in the ports. Currently I am mowing with the 8402 and 10525 mowers and the only oil I would use is Lawn Boy oil. When running properly they do not smoke and with properly mixed Lawn Boy oil the ports stay clear of carbon.

dewguy1999

Threads
In my Lawn-Boy 10247 I use Lawn-Boy 2-Cycle Oil at a 32:1 ratio.

mattology

Threads
I use the same fuel and oil as my GP bikes 100 octane and castor mixed with motul, hahaha

Lawn Addict
Threads
Echo Power Blend (synthetic)...

Haven't tried the Echo Red Armor (yet anyhow)..

Kerry

Threads
Eight or so years ago I used Poulan 2 stroke oil, one day I had none and decided to try my outboard oil, Pennzoil Marine Full Synthetic. Halfway through the front lawn, my Scamp was running noticeably better. Started using it in my Ryobi weedwacker and Toro S-200 snowblower and they all run better. Its now the only oil I buy and after all these years I have never rebuilt a carb, changed a spark plug, or had any exhaust port issues. Oh, my antique outboard motors love it, too.

tew45

Threads
I use Supertech 2 cycle oil from Walmart by the gallons. I use it in my string trimmers, chain saws, outboard motor and my Honda 50cc scooter also my golf cart and 3 wheeler with no problems. I been using it for over 17 years. It has been tested and rated for all the engines I use. It is inexpensive and burns very good. There is no reason to use anything else unless you have money to throw away or need a status symbol. It is rated TC-W3 which should be good for most any 2 cycle engine. If you are not comfortable with a TC-W3 oil there are a few brands that are around $10.00 per qt. I use so much oil I would be out of cash in a month or two. The choice is between you and your pocket book!