what 2 stroke oil are you guy's using and why?

Mudface777

Threads
I use whatever is recommended for my equipment. Like I use Briggs & Stratton Sae 30 for my push mower and chipper/vac, Husqvarna xp professional performance for my husqvarna 128ld. However I like to buy thr premix 50:1 for my trimmer. It is 95 octane with no ethanol.

unclelee

Threads
I have 2 cycle mowers from the 50s and 60s that have ran for decades without seeing any Premium oils...as a matter of fact..the 50s modle started its life on leaded gas and sae 30w. They now see the better oils but I don't know that I really buy the hype about premium oils in two cycle engines.
Now in 4 strokes that run in a bath of their own filth...I can understand...
I am no expert and wonder if premium oils are now recomended because of the ethanol in fuel.

Pcfithian

Threads
Stihl High Performance in 50:1 mix. I use this for all my equipment, including 4 stroke. No issues at all. Burns clean, no plug fouling or carbon buildup.

My Lawn Boys are a 1988 S21ZPN and a 1989 S19ZPN. Both run perfectly and have never needed any major work.

jp1961

Threads
OK,,,Just to be differant, I use Valvoline multipurpose 2 cycle oil. It DOES smell like a can of tuna that went bad,,,LOL. I did use LawnBoy 2 cycle ashless oil when it was available in my 10323. The owners manual for the 10323 calls for LawnBoy ashless oil or a premium oil with a TCW 3 rating, which the Valvoline is. At 4.39 a quart at Meijers, it's a bargain.

Jeff

Last edited:

AnthemBassMan

Threads
You want to try an oil that smells good? Get a bottle of Klotz. I used to run that stuff in my old Penton 6 Day Trials dirt bike. The castor base smells great!

L8R,
Matt

sid

Forum Newbie
Threads
My two cents worth!
I do not use ethanol based gasoline, and 'AMS' two stroke mix in all of my two stroke machines.
I have been using 'AMS' for approximately 10 years, and have nothing but the best to say of it.
I do not have any plug fouling problems, and all machines sit over the winter with no additive.
Admittedly, here in OK it does not get really bad, but it is still a 2-4 month non-use period.

Paul_Aris

Threads
I've used lawnboy, Klotz, Citgo Sea & Snow, Stihl, and Amsoil. I have a bottle of amsoil that says you can mix it 100:1. I never trust going that thin.

jakewells

Threads
Only oil i run in everything no stink,smell,smoke and burns very clean.

Attachments

• lucas_semisynth2cycle.jpg
    lucas_semisynth2cycle.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 17