Free J.C. Penney Lawnboy

Cubist

Forum Newbie
Threads
So, it's been a rough week But hopefully this find will make up for it. So we are driving home from the hospital (wife had complications with tonsillectomy) & I slam on the brakes at the sight of a bright green push mower sitting out with someone's trash,
I pack it into the back of the truck while the wife mumbles and complains that "now is not the time" and "can't you rummage through the trash for old mowers later?". I of course assured her that this was an emergency. I didn't recognize the model at all. It was one I hadn't seen.

I get it home and took a look at the mopdel plate and it says "Model 0292B". The front shroud is actually the gas tank & it says "Lawn-Boy/ JCPenney. Interesting little find.

I haven't gotten to look at it at all since the wife was feeling so bad yesterday. I'm hoping to take a look tonight. Anyone have any info about these?

PICS later. :cool:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
That was an emergency! It would have been gone later. :thumbsup:

Great find. I think there was a discussion about the JC Penny LB in this forum. Try a search.

unclelee

Threads

Here is mine....rare find big brother...it's a keeper

jp1961

Threads
Well,,,you can always find another wife,,,but you can't buy a new 2-stroke Lawn-boy. I would have stopped too. Good call,,,LOL

Jeff

Cubist

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's alive...

Last night I cleaned out the tank, checked the fuel lines, and checked the plug. Everything looked okay & it had compression that seemed fine. Pulled the starter & it fired right up. The starter recoil needs some lube, but other than that it starts up and mows great. I'd say it hasn't had much use over the years, so I'll go over it this weekend and get it cleaned up. Pics after the bath.

Can't beat a free 2-cycle Lawnboy!

jringo8769

Threads
i hope your wife is ok...but great find..i would have not passed it up either

beg

Threads
Is that what they are?I can get one right now for 10.00 most of the ones I see have the logo wore off.

unclelee

Threads

My JC Penny just mowed it's first yard in 31 years...laid it out like a carpet

jringo8769

Threads
i can not wait for mine to be mowing again...

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just bought a JC Penny Lawn-Boy. It starts and runs well but needs a clean up.

It has a makeshift repair (using JB Weld) at the tank valve; but the seller said it's been holding for eight years.

The compression seems OK but I may do a rebuild. It's an F-series engine so rebuild parts should be no problem.

JC Penny Lawn-Boy-811.jpg