Jacobsen Forum Opened!

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Hello Everybody,

We're happy to announce our newest topic forum, for Jacobsen mowers!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Jacobsen owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Jacobsen mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Jacobsen stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Thank you!

troublesman

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the site. Got a couple interesting Jacobsen's that I can't find much on. 1 I believe is a 1973 Commercial 60, model 66000. The other, nicer one is, I believe, a 1978 Commercial 60, model 66005. Any info or sites that can help me for info and parts would be awesome.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 29
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 26

jme821

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey yall. My name is JM. I'm new to the vintage reel mower scene. I have the opportunity to purchase a jake manor 21 for 50 bucks. (not running) Any suggestions to where I may find parts for it?

bubbashift 1

Forum Newbie
Threads
just came into a jacobson 21" mower, believe it to be model 39C21. 2 cycle, 3 hp, aluminum deck, with original 5 quart mixing can. are the small blade ends still around?

WoodenNickle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, All
Just joined out of necessity. Jake parts are getting hard to find. I've had my Jake for about 20 years now. A used-to-be-neighbor gave it to me & it was in pretty sad shape. Been using it ever since.

digitalwoodshop

Forum Newbie
Threads
So my first post... I have a Jacobson T423D. I have had it for over 3 years a eBay find. Had it serviced when I got it.. But... My Belly was still too big to fit behind the wheel... So as of March I am down 55 pounds with another 195 to go.... The Mower is to keep my Walking paths cut.... Rattlesnake area...

So just last week with a different seat and the weigh loss I finally fit behind the wheel... Still 195 to loose...

First time out cutting worked great... but I did have an intermittent safety relay problem... Would shut off when PTO engaged... the Seat and High Low have been bypassed before I got it... Thinking it is a sticky or dirty Delay relay??? But I ended up bypassing that for the 2nd cutting day... With a fused switch to K6 to run the Mower.

So I hit a crown of a grass road and continued on... Well... I did not see I lost the far right blade... I cut for over 3 hours... Noticed the left grass but kept going over it... All things considered 2 blades did pretty good... Did not find out until I was finished for the day... So I got the blade but lost the bottom center bolt... Will go back with a metal detector.

Found it listed as Ref 21 a 500895 but it is out of stock... Where can I find more info on that bolt... Still don't know if I sheared the head off or sheared the shear pin and spun the bolt off...

Need a better way to access the blades... Want to build a 5 foot wide gravel and 4 x 4 ramp to winch it up 4 feet in the air to let the deck overhang. Winch it up... not drive...

The one inch pipe is not a ROPS.. I installed that after the first time I sat in the Factory Seat I was stuck and could not get out with my big belly and bad knees... Used the pipe to get myself out of the seat... The new seat is a Office Chair with ARMS... Don't need the pipes...

It is after midnight... More another day...

AL in the Pocono Mountains of PA.

Attachments

• MFDC1308.jpg
    MFDC1308.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 1 atc.jpg
    1 atc.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 4
  • MFDC1307.jpg
    MFDC1307.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 3

buzzzmeister

Threads
Found it listed as Ref 21 a 500895 but it is out of stock... Where can I find more info on that bolt... Still don't know if I sheared the head off or sheared the shear pin and spun the bolt off...

Are you looking at the 5/8" bolt that threads into the spindle shaft? At least me thinks it has the same blade set-up as what my HR does. (The 5/8" center bolt and 2 - 3/8" bolts.)

digitalwoodshop

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are you looking at the 5/8" bolt that threads into the spindle shaft? At least me thinks it has the same blade set-up as what my HR does. (The 5/8" center bolt and 2 - 3/8" bolts.)

buzzzmeister

Threads
If you mean the 5/8" bolt it should be just a 5/8"-11 UNC bolt.