Mower deck what is the purpose of a deck weldment on a cub cadet 1018 mowing deck?

Larry1418

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / what is the purpose of a deck weldment on a cub cadet 1018 mowing deck?
I have a piece of metal along the left front underside of the cutting deck that is half broken off. It is maybe 1 inch wide and maybe a foot long strip of metal that is attached underneath the front left edge of the deck by a small screw or rivet and extends around the front to almost the middle of the deck. The one edge is still attached as I have said, but the other is hanging free and flapping around. I have no idea what the purpose if it is and was going to just remove it. I thought I had better ask and see if it has a purpose and if I should order a new one. Thank you for your answer in advance.

Regards,
Larry

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would remove it, as if it is what I am thinking it is, it is just a reinforcing band. Some one will be quick to tell me if I am wrong.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
If its week enough to break off and flop around. Doesn't affect blades. Doesn't affect engine or drive or safety. Just pull them off

Deerlane

Threads
In theory, Helps to create more vacuum for better lift of grass after the front tires roll it down.

I take them off if bent or damaged with little change in performance unless customer wants them on.