JD 330 vs 420

taweste

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am new to the John Deere world and I am looking to replace my Craftsman LT1000. I plan on looking at a 330 and a 420 this weekend. Both appear to have normal wear and the 330 has 727 hours (unsure of hours on the 420). The 330 comes with a power flow bagger and the 420 has a plow with chains. However, I have a plow truck so moving snow is not necessary. Both have a mower deck. Each are priced around $2000 and I cannot spend over $2000.

I am a big fan of anything diesel and I need a bagger so I am leading towards the 330. However, from what I have read, the 420 is a much more capable machine.

What are the chances of me finding a 332 or a 430 in my price range? Additionally, how much should I plan on spending on a bagger should I need to purchase one separately?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

taweste

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just found out that the 420 has 500 hours on it.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you only looking to get a Deere ?
And why?

Retiredcarguy

Threads
Almost 50% less hours is an advantage. You are buying it for the equipment. Can you trade the plow and chains for a bagger? Condition and utility is everything.

I agree... Diesel is great, but does the total machine do what you want?

taweste

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am not limiting myself to a Deere and I am open to suggestions. However, I have always been impressed with Deere products and their following.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am not limiting myself to a Deere and I am open to suggestions. However, I have always been impressed with Deere products and their following.

I am impressed with how big their following is. It just amazes me how many people buy a mower for the name and not the quality of the mower.

When you read reviews your getting opinions of people that only had

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am impressed with how big their following is. It just amazes me how many people buy a mower for the name and not the quality of the mower. When you read reviews your getting opinions of people that only had

( sorry hit send to soon )Had a bad experience with the product. And most of the time it was their fault and not the mowers.

JD has become a cheap built mower depending on their name to keep selling them.