Help with a Honda 2113H wiring diagram

paulsok

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Guys,

As per my other thread http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/honda-forum/24373-honda-2113h-ride-mower.html
I got the new belts on with some help from the guys on here and the mower worked great for about 2 hours then it stopped.
It restarted after a couple of goes, ran for 5 mins then stopped again. This time it wont restart.
The motor turns over OK but wont start, checked all the obvious but to no avail.
I think its a fault with the wiring, but as yet I haven't had time to trace it as I ran out of time and its back to work again.
Before I start tracing the wires, I just wondered if any one had a copy of a wiring diagram for this machine as it could save me a lot of time.

My machine is a 1999 Honda 2113H (UK version), I've been told a 2114 is very similar but don't know if the wiring diagram would be the same?

Many thanks guys,
cheers
Paul

Last edited:

tds19

Forum Newbie
Threads
The starter could be dragging in which case it will turn but not start. Make sure your battery is fully charged. Try jumping a fully charged battery to the solenoid and see if the engine will turn. You may also try jumping directly to the starter. briefly. don't fry it. Does engine start? Since you say it turns I suspect the starter or not enough juice. The engine will not turn if there is faulty wiring or if it is related to safety switches. Slow to start and struggling could mean binding. Inspect the starter mower and repair or replace.

paulsok

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

Thanks for the reply,
the battery is fully charged and the starter motor turned the engine over with no problem.
I tried starting the tractor yesterday and it started first go, is there a over heat device on this mower?, then I suppose it wouldn't allow the starter to turn over. I'm thinking it could be some thing getting hot and then failing but runs OK when cold?

cheers
Paul

tds19

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

Thanks for the reply,
the battery is fully charged and the starter motor turned the engine over with no problem.
I tried starting the tractor yesterday and it started first go, is there a over heat device on this mower?, then I suppose it wouldn't allow the starter to turn over. I'm thinking it could be some thing getting hot and then failing but runs OK when cold?

cheers
Paul[/QUO

Paul, are you saying that the engine fires up and runs for a bit and then dies as it gets warmer or will the engine not start at all? Also, did fuel sit in your tractor for some time? Such as longer than 30 days without running?

paulsok

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

Thanks for the reply,
The tractor runs for about an hour or so then stops.
If I let it cool then it will start and run a bit longer, if I try and start it as soon as it stops it wont start but the engine does turn over with the starter motor.
We've been using this mower for about 6 weeks with no problems other than needing new belts.
All the tension settings on the belts are fine, the engine has plenty of oil and clean new fuel.
I got a wiring diagram from a Honda forum in France which has all the connections listed and I will check connections on the tractor and see what I can find.
I don't think the problem is mechanical more likely electrical such as a loose connection or faulty switch, and as the machine is second hand I don't know if the former owner has done and changes to the wiring.

cheers
Paul

P.S. Ive attached the wiring diagram For the HF2113H Honda model, it the EU version and in French but it may help some one and Google translate sorts the French to English problem.

cheers
Paul

Attachments

• hf2113H WIRING.pdf
    772.3 KB · Views: 112

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi,

Thanks for the reply,
The tractor runs for about an hour or so then stops.
If I let it cool then it will start and run a bit longer, if I try and start it as soon as it stops it wont start but the engine does turn over with the starter motor.
We've been using this mower for about 6 weeks with no problems other than needing new belts.
All the tension settings on the belts are fine, the engine has plenty of oil and clean new fuel.
I got a wiring diagram from a Honda forum in France which has all the connections listed and I will check connections on the tractor and see what I can find.
I don't think the problem is mechanical more likely electrical such as a loose connection or faulty switch, and as the machine is second hand I don't know if the former owner has done and changes to the wiring.

cheers
Paul

P.S. Ive attached the wiring diagram For the HF2113H Honda model, it the EU version and in French but it may help some one and Google translate sorts the French to English problem.

cheers
Paul

It should have the Honda GXV390 engine fitted.

It sounds like a coil problem at the engine which the electrical components are breaking down in the coil due to heat.
You could do with a spark tester to see if you are losing spark when warm.

If the engine is turning over and not starting then it could also be not sparking due to a safety switch.

Most common switch to fail is usually the seat switch.
It should be a metal switch with a metal plunger.

tds19

Forum Newbie
Threads
If it tries to start than it is probably not a safety switch, the switches would prevent that. Sometimes these get corroded or full of debris and may get temperamental though. You could check continuity with a multimeter and they should be grounded. Also maybe a stripped wire touches metal when the tractor is vibrating. Look for spots where the plastic has worn down and wire is exposed. If you believe it is overheating, check the cooling system and make sure your air filter is clean. Clear any debris from areas where air escapes the engine, especially around the grooves of the cylinder heads. Does it sputter and than die such as fuel is not reaching the engine? If so try changing the fuel filter or examine lines for clogging. P.S. don't forget to replace spark plugs if needed and remove cap from plugs before looking at the switches. Clutch, PTO, and seat.
Good Luck

paulsok

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys,

thanks for the replies.
I haven't had chance to find the fault yet,
the engine is the 390 Honda and when it stops it just dies as if its been switched off.
I will get another spark plug and see if it still sparks when warm.
All the vents and filters on the machine are clear so I don't think its overheating.

cheers
Paul

Rickkronos

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Guys,

As per my other thread http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/honda-forum/24373-honda-2113h-ride-mower.html
I got the new belts on with some help from the guys on here and the mower worked great for about 2 hours then it stopped.
It restarted after a couple of goes, ran for 5 mins then stopped again. This time it wont restart.
The motor turns over OK but wont start, checked all the obvious but to no avail.
I think its a fault with the wiring, but as yet I haven't had time to trace it as I ran out of time and its back to work again.
Before I start tracing the wires, I just wondered if any one had a copy of a wiring diagram for this machine as it could save me a lot of time.

My machine is a 1999 Honda 2113H (UK version), I've been told a 2114 is very similar but don't know if the wiring diagram would be the same?

Many thanks guys,
cheers
Paul
I had the same problem, check the gas cap, if the gas cap is failing, their will be a vacuum in the gas tank which won't let the gas flow into the carb. You'll hear a vacuum noise when releasing the gas cap after the engine stalls.

kazik

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, very good wiring diagram but...in this diagram regulator have 4 PIN , my regulator have 5PIN (2 white,2 grey,1 black) i dont know where white cables should connect (1 white should go to "phares" but the second one ?).
I have Honda 2113 hydro.