SLTX 1054 TRANS ISSUE

thehitmandj

Threads
Received the transmission yesterday from Cub Cadet, installed it and the tractor is working like new.

Obviously pushing snow with a plow is not good for lawn mowers even if they say they can handle it. I was watching TV last night and saw a Cub Cadet commercial, the dude had the same plow on the same lawn mower as me and he was pushing a pile of rocks. Yeah, right...false advertising.

Now if it would just stop raining!

Thanks Mechanic Mark for all your help!

thehitmandj

Threads
If anyone is interested in my old transmission, pay for the shipping and it's yours.

It would still move the tractor, just no power. I would guess someone with parts could fix it and sell it.

Lemme know.

DWSteward

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ordered a transmission from Cub Cadet. I explained the situation and they gave me 15% off and free shipping.

I will update after replacement. Hope it was $537.00 well spent...

There must be a problem with them. I went thru the same steps that you told about. Mine still slips badly in forward and no reverse at all. I guess you heard of the recall on transaxles with serial # 0333-0348 (first four digits) mine did not fall into that group either. How did you contact Cub Cadet? The Dealer I got mine thru just blew me off about any help. He told me for $800 bucks plus labor, he would put one in for me. No thanks Mr Oz in Spartanburg, SC.

thehitmandj

Threads
DW, yeah I knew about the recall, however mine wasn't included (figures). I contacted Cub Cadet at (877)428-2349 and explained the situation. They were pretty helpful (they always are when you're spending more money).

The main thing is I got my mower fixed so the wife can mow the lawn!

Email me if you need anything else.

thehitmandj@hotmail.com

derfhunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
thehitmandj,
How did this work out for you.
I have a 2011 model that is doing the same thing.
Any suggestions?

GreatBigDog

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Cub Cadet SLTX1054VT, Model#13VR92AK009 manufactured with the "Hydro-Gear 0510" hydrostatic transmission. (part#918-04270B). At 74 hours it was overheating and would stall, no forward motion, no reverse motion. I would shut it down, let it cool over a few beers and then start up and finish my lawn. (about 1.75acres). This began to be a bothersome issue. After contacting Cub Cadet and being directed to MTD, I was told I needed to replace my transmission. I exclaimed "AT ONLY 74 HOURS!!!!" Give me a break. After several discussions, they finally agreed to replace it for free, including installation. I am now up to 84 hours and the new transmission (new?) is doing the same thing. Unbelievable. I was given a new case number and I have to take my tractor back to the service facility to once again be evaluated. I just do not get it. Something this expensive should not be failing after so few hours. Is anyone else having this issue?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did you get a new drive belt? It needs to be OEM because MTD likes to make their belts just different enough that it really does matter.