good deal?

bknecht

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just saw advertised a 2012 sport with 48" deck and 21 h.p. Lightly used on a 1/3 acre lawn and said to be in pristine condition. Don't know the engine manufacturer as I haven't yet called. Good deal regardless of engine?

Dothehustle

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would say that this is a decent deal, remember that you can get the Raptor in a 52" for under 3k new. And you can get the Raptor SD in a 54 for 3600-3700 plus tax. The sport is similar to the sd from what I have read.

bknecht

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would say that this is a decent deal, remember that you can get the Raptor in a 52" for under 3k new. And you can get the Raptor SD in a 54 for 3600-3700 plus tax. The sport is similar to the sd from what I have read.
Thanks for your response. Sorry but I am new to this site and did not introduce myself. Have an 86 Deere 185 18 hp Kawasaki with a 38" deck that has served me well but desire to speed up the cutting with the zt in a larger deck size for my 1.3 acre lawn. The Hustler is in perfect condition and has a 21 hp Briggs, roll bar and a shroud to protect engine. The lowest he'll go is $ 2300. Good deal or should I hang in there (Deere still running well so I'm not in a big hurry)

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for your response. Sorry but I am new to this site and did not introduce myself. Have an 86 Deere 185 18 hp Kawasaki with a 38" deck that has served me well but desire to speed up the cutting with the zt in a larger deck size for my 1.3 acre lawn. The Hustler is in perfect condition and has a 21 hp Briggs, roll bar and a shroud to protect engine. The lowest he'll go is $ 2300. Good deal or should I hang in there (Deere still running well so I'm not in a big hurry)

You may want to do some checking but I don't think Hustler Makes the sport anymore. It's downfall is the fact it has I believe the RZT Transmission which is the bottom line and not serviceable. Like Dothehustle said you can get the Raptor in a 52" for under 3k new which is a lot better mower.