Hustler Flex Forks Question

DBritt8715

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently bought the Raptor SD 60" mower. It doesn't come with the flex forks since it is on the lower end of the Hustler spectrum. My question is how much of a difference in the ride will the flex forks make? I don't have a whole lot of mowing to do, maybe around 3 or so acres total, but part of what I mow is a little rough. That rough part used to be a garden but after my grandfather's death we no longer use it for that and are trying to make it part of the front yard again. Also on a side note, I am loving this mower! Runs great and mows perfect so far but I only have 3.3 hours on it as of right now.

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
My friend mows close to 5 acres with a 60" RSD,he got the FF's very recently and is a big fan.He also got a upgraded seat that helps with the cushioning.I plan to get a 54" RSD and those forks will be my first addition.I'm curious if someone knows where to buy these less than $239 for the pair.I only mow 2.7 acres of rolling land,I think the 54" will be a little more compatible with my needs.I've waited to purchase because I have limited dealers in my area,I need to find a dealer who will help me with the recalls/maintenance issues that go along with a new model.

bstan21

Forum Newbie
Threads
I also have the 60 inch Raptor SD, just bought it about a month ago and the forks weren't yet in stock. So, I mowed it two times without, and the last two times with. It makes a major difference. It takes out the jarring of hitting uneven ground. It becomes certainly more 'floaty'.

The 60 inch already comes with the upgraded seat, it has a different seat than the regular raptor, and different than the 48 and 54 inch versions.

Hope this helps.

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

You are one of many that has given the thumbs up on the FF's.There has been comments that the deck begins to dive a little more with the FF's,apparently you need to have a little more tire pressure.(as many folks minimize tire pressure attempting to have a softer ride w/o the FF's))I'm still looking for a place selling online to lower the costs? Did you have dealer install or did you do the deed?

bstan21

Forum Newbie
Threads

Hope this helps.

You are one of many that has given the thumbs up on the FF's.There has been comments that the deck begins to dive a little more with the FF's,apparently you need to have a little more tire pressure.(as many folks minimize tire pressure attempting to have a softer ride w/o the FF's))I'm still looking for a place selling online to lower the costs? Did you have dealer install or did you do the deed?[/QUOTE]

The dealer was already coming to my place for the recall so he just threw the forks on for me. Pulled the mower up no his trailer ramp and did it, it looked super easy, its just one bolt on each fork. I originally was going to look online but this fork is different than some of the other Hustler forks, so I just gave the dealer an offer that discounted the mower and forks together. Good luck!