722D Fuel draw tube question

bozoc

Threads
I know this is a dumb question. I want to see if the draw tube is clogged. Do I just twist and pull it out after removing the fuel line? I can't see anything attaching it to the fuel tank so I assume it just snaps into place? I'm ignorant but game.:confused3:

bobbysr

Threads
I have gas mowers. And on those it pulls out. Be careful not to break it. You could disconnect the fuel line after the pump & turn it on to see if fuel comes out.

bozoc

Threads
I have gas mowers. And on those it pulls out. Be careful not to break it. You could disconnect the fuel line after the pump & turn it on to see if fuel comes out.
Thank You. I really think the pre-filter is bad but I thought I would blow the line and draw tube out while I had it apart to change the filter. It only stalls on occassion and usually when the mower is leaning to the right but it is beginning to happen more often. I feel pretty confident it is fuel related. I have changed the regular filter and cleaned the bowl and that didn't fix it.

I filled up with diesel late last summer and got in a hurry and left the cap off the tank.:confused2: I probably mowed 15 minutes or so before I noticed. It was hot and dry so there was a lot of chaff blowing around. I'm surprised it has gone this long without a problem. Thanks again.

bozoc

Threads
Thank You. I really think the pre-filter is bad but I thought I would blow the line and draw tube out while I had it apart to change the filter. It only stalls on occassion and usually when the mower is leaning to the right but it is beginning to happen more often. I feel pretty confident it is fuel related. I have changed the regular filter and cleaned the bowl and that didn't fix it.

I filled up with diesel late last summer and got in a hurry and left the cap off the tank.:confused2: I probably mowed 15 minutes or so before I noticed. It was hot and dry so there was a lot of chaff blowing around. I'm surprised it has gone this long without a problem. Thanks again.

I changed out my inline pre-filter today and blew out the line and draw tube in front of the filter. The draw tube is actually threaded at the top of the tank. Now I know! So far so good on the stalling problem.