Ford LGTs

poncho62

Threads
Just wondering who else has Ford LGT tractors....I have 3, an LGT100 and two LGT125s....They all run, but need a bit of work.....

008Small.jpg

mopar041Small.jpg

mopar034Small.jpg

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
SWEET! Nice tractors! Welcome! :biggrin:

Pics are nice. That one looks like it doesn't need much at all, but a bit of freshening up.......

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Love the blade... but that one seems to have loaned its seat to another one. :smile:

steved

Threads
I have the Jacobsen equivalent...GT-14. Yours is blue, mine is orange!

They are a very durable machine...the Eaton hydro is stout.

DaveTN

Threads
I don't have any, but a retired friend of mine has two similar to it. One is a 14 HP cast iron Kohler, which is what your photo appears to be. The other one had a 16 HP cast iron Kohler and the quack machine shop ground the sleeve off center and ruined the engine when it was re-assembled. Caused the thing to throw a rod. It's in a pile over in the corner of his garage waiting on me to haul it to my garage and put it in another corner! I'm in no hurry. I've noticed that those old Kohler's (and I've got a K-14 HP with the external coil on my log splitter) which is giving me a fit trying to keep it running. I've done about everything I know to it and still it won't stay running 3 minutes. The charging coil has gone kaput as well. They're tough, heavy old tractors when they're running right. I have trouble keeping this FORD that belongs to my friend, in tune. Just vibrates out enough to knock off the mixture and make it run rough.

Threads
I also have a Ford LGT 100. Its a 10 horse Kohler.

Attachments

• lawn mower 033.jpg
    lawn mower 033.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 29
  • lawn mower 032.jpg
    lawn mower 032.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 19
  • lawn mower 035.jpg
    lawn mower 035.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 20

DaveTN

Threads
I don't have any, but a retired friend of mine has two similar to it. One is a 14 HP cast iron Kohler, which is what your photo appears to be. The other one had a 16 HP cast iron Kohler and the quack machine shop ground the sleeve off center and ruined the engine when it was re-assembled. Caused the thing to throw a rod. It's in a pile over in the corner of his garage waiting on me to haul it to my garage and put it in another corner! I'm in no hurry. I've noticed that those old Kohler's (and I've got a K-14 HP with the external coil on my log splitter) which is giving me a fit trying to keep it running. I've done about everything I know to it and still it won't stay running 3 minutes. The charging coil has gone kaput as well. They're tough, heavy old tractors when they're running right. I have trouble keeping this FORD that belongs to my friend, in tune. Just vibrates out enough to knock off the mixture and make it run rough.

UPDATE: What was causing the rough running and stalling and having to dis-engage the blades and come back to the garage on nearly full CHOKE was that sediments, trash etc. was getting over the fuel tank line going to the carburetor. I didn't know it at the time, but the owner said the sediment screen had fallen off. No wonder it would starve for fuel. The tank had leaks on the LGT 145 (14hp Kohler) and during operation would clog the outlet in the tank going to the carburetor. RESULT: FUEL STARVATION ! Once we put another tank on it, she ran like a sewing machine. My friend kept trying to dob up that old tank with leaks and it would vibrate through use and start leaking again. Some of that epoxy glue he was using evidently broke loose down in the tank bobbing around, especially during mowing and when it went over the intake...POW...shut down time! Great to have it running right again!

chopperhed

Forum Newbie
Threads
I picked up a 77 LGT100 the other day, came with the mower deck and tiller.

Its next winter's project

steves mower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Ford LGTs 14d and 16d

I am planning to part-out 1 each of these models and wondered if anyone here would be interested in the parts.