HONDA EX650 GENERATOR

STEVES

Threads
HI, NEW HERE, STARTED SMALL ENGINE & LAWN EQUIPMENT REPAIR PART TIME 2005 / AUTO MECHANIC BY DAY / HAVE A HONDA EX650 WITH NO SPARK / CUSTOMER INSTALLED NEW COIL & THEN BROUGHT TO ME / STILL NO SPARK / MAGNET SEEMS STRONG / TRIED DIFFERENT GAPS / ANY IDEAS??
THANKS
STEVES:eek:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Something wrong with your caps lock? Are they song lyrics?

:laughing: Just kiddin with ya.....

Might wanna try 'small engine repair' forum near the top of the homepage.

Welcome to LMF

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I have moved your post to the Honda Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :wink:

Thanks for joining LawnMowerForum!!!

STEVES

Threads
ok, no caps i'm low life i guess. took coil to honda dealer in nh - tested bad - they orded new & that also tested bad by their master tech / parts dept called tech & waiting for reply. / sorry i use caps due to my eye site!

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
ok, no caps i'm low life i guess. took coil to honda dealer in nh - tested bad - they orded new & that also tested bad by their master tech / parts dept called tech & waiting for reply. / sorry i use caps due to my eye site!

I was messin with ya....here's another.......you only use / when you're putting lyrics in a CD jacket.......:laughing: The 'space bar' works just fine, and it's located right next to the "/" key....:laughing:

So no real progress? Still not running? :frown: That sux.

CajunCub

Threads
Was reading your firing problem, I've worked on ALOT of Honda equipment. I learned the hard way about honda coils....the coils DO NOT fail, the hard plastic spark plug boot is actaully a compassitor! It is what causes the no spark. Yeah, I know...hard to believe! Just give it a try, the spark plug boot unscrews...change it with any honda boot and see for yourself.
BTW...also check the oil alert on it too. They fail sometimes or will read the least drop in oil levels.
Good Luck from Cajun:cool:

STEVES

Threads
thanks, will try, all wires are disconnected from coil
steve

Mini Motors

Threads
Actually, it a resistor, not a capacitor. They do it instead of using resistor plugs.

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
Something wrong with your caps lock? Are they song lyrics?

:laughing: Just kiddin with ya.....

Might wanna try 'small engine repair' forum near the top of the homepage.

Welcome to LMF

Your Dry since of humor makes me laugh.:laughing:

WELCOME ABOARD STEVES! GLAD YOUR HERE!:thumbsup:

STEVES

Threads
customer gave up on fix, got refund. going to check with dealer as new coil also checked out of spec. dealer to call honda. will give update.
steves
& thanks