(Help)Ztrak 820a 7ironpro6 will turn over but won't fire(new member)

Daniel29924

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / (Help)Ztrak 820a 7ironpro6 will turn over but won't fire(new member)
Ok..first off I want to thank anyone who try's to help this thing has me stumped..it turns over but won't crank..the key isn't engaging the solenoid but if I touch the relay in the panel together I can get the motor to turn over I checked the plugs and they are arching so I know I'm getting fire..the solenoid also has just started sticking and sometime will stick even when I turn the key off and I have to hit the top of it to make it stop...the switch is working but won't turn it over..It tried to fire the first time I tried to crank it this morning but it shut afterwards within 2 to 3 seconds. Last Thursday it started while I was cutting a yard was acting weak..then later it just shut off after a few turns of the key it finally picked power back up so I could finish my next two jobs then the next day I couldn't get anything out of it until I changed the relay..all input is needed sorry if I'm scattered brained just trying to give u all the info I can. I can't find any diagrams of the technical manual online.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Please post make, model number, as well as all numbers from engine and engine manufacturer.

Hammerdown

Threads
Ok..first off I want to thank anyone who try's to help this thing has me stumped..it turns over but won't crank..the key isn't engaging the solenoid but if I touch the relay in the panel together I can get the motor to turn over I checked the plugs and they are arching so I know I'm getting fire..the solenoid also has just started sticking and sometime will stick even when I turn the key off and I have to hit the top of it to make it stop...the switch is working but won't turn it over..It tried to fire the first time I tried to crank it this morning but it shut afterwards within 2 to 3 seconds. Last Thursday it started while I was cutting a yard was acting weak..then later it just shut off after a few turns of the key it finally picked power back up so I could finish my next two jobs then the next day I couldn't get anything out of it until I changed the relay..all input is needed sorry if I'm scattered brained just trying to give u all the info I can. I can't find any diagrams of the technical manual online.

Hello Daniel
it sure sound's as though you need to replace the starter solenoid. Depening on what engine it has I assume it is a Kawasaki there is also a fuel Bowl anit back fire Valve that is mounted in the fuel bowl being on the bottom of it. They are a common part to fail and if they do so you will Not get any gas to the engine to start it. When the key is tunred to the On or start Position it send's 12-Volt current down to the fuel blow anti Back fire Valve which make's a clicking noise if it is working Properly. The clicking is the valve pushing up on the Carbuiretor float allowing gas to enter the fuel bowl to feed the engine. if this anit Back fire Valve is Not working the engine will turn Over, But Not start. I hope this helps, Hammerdown