Warning ! Serious error in Greenworks 20" Dual Blade Mower Maintenance Instructions

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
  • / Warning ! Serious error in Greenworks 20" Dual Blade Mower Maintenance Instructions
Re: Warning ! Serious error in Greenworks 20" Dual Blade Mower Maintenance Instructio

OK, indeed the error is in the manual (at least 2 of the pdfs I looked at on-line, my original is long gone)

but, the construction is as I outlined in post #6 - also, my original blades as well as a replacement pair both have correct instructions stamped on them - as long as you KNOW, blade 1 is the forward-most blade. (though, the whole lock/unlock iconography is kinda odd)

I just sharpened and installed my back-up pair, with new plastic holders, and the forward motor's shaft is 'normal' righty-tighty.

but, page 25 of this pdf is wrong(as outlined in post #4 by pumper54);

https://www.manualslib.com/download/640852/Greenworks-25302.html

MowerMike

Threads
  • / Warning ! Serious error in Greenworks 20" Dual Blade Mower Maintenance Instructions
Re: Warning ! Serious error in Greenworks 20" Dual Blade Mower Maintenance Instructio

OK, indeed the error is in the manual (at least 2 of the pdfs I looked at on-line, my original is long gone)

but, the construction is as I outlined in post #6 - also, my original blades as well as a replacement pair both have correct instructions stamped on them - as long as you KNOW, blade 1 is the forward-most blade. (though, the whole lock/unlock iconography is kinda odd)

I just sharpened and installed my back-up pair, with new plastic holders, and the forward motor's shaft is 'normal' righty-tighty.

but, page 25 of this pdf is wrong(as outlined in post #4 by pumper54);

https://www.manualslib.com/download/640852/Greenworks-25302.html

OK, so I guess I'm the one who should eat crow. Somehow I saw the blade markings incorrectly and thought the threadings were actually backwards.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads

after re-reading your OP, there might still be an issue with your original blade set being older than mine and perhaps incorrect.

and the manual diagrams I find are wrong.

at least it appears the 'engineering' makes sense.