Repairs Replacing the drive belt on self propulsion assembly

charles manson

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Lawn Boy is a model 10323-8900001 & Up Serial# 8921298
This newbie is trying to replace the drive belt on the self propulsion assembly. I don't see doing that without removing the engine from the housing. I removed the blade, collar and five or six bolts and lifted the engine up and out of the housing. I assumed the engine separated from the plate that positions the engine over the housing. With the engine removed, the plate remains attached. I dont see a way to separate the two and I don't see a way to get the new belt on the pulley without removing that plate. I would sure like the advice of those with experience. My research says the part # of that replacement belt is (92-1043). Thanking you all in advance, Charles

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow. that's yet another reason to appreciate the simplicity of a non-self-propelled mower.

Welcome to the forum. But is your name really "charles manson"?:eek:

hankthecrank

Threads
Without going and looking at an engine, and I am not all that familiar with the DF engines, but I presume you have missed a couple of bolts that may be inside of the exhaust elbow box on the bottom side of the engine mount, and in taking those 2 apart you will most likely ruin the exhaust gasket. When you mentioned 5 or 6 bolts, there should be 7, 3 for the mount plate and 4 for the engine. Hope this helps, when the sun comes up I will look on another engine and make sure I am right.