Help with hydro transmission on John Deere 175

travis benford

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would like help with the hydro transmission on my john deer 175 lawn tractor. I am unable to get the free wheel release to work. It is stuck in the "on" position. So there is not way to push the tractor if the engin is not running.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: travis

Welcome to LMF, travis! :biggrin:

This question might get more peeks in the John Deere forum........

Just 'cause you're new, doesn't mean you have to stay in this topic......:laughing:

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Re: travis

Hey Travis,

Welcome to the forum! I've moved your thread to the John Deere forum so it will get more attention from the John Deere owners and experts here. :thumbsup:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
As you most likely know, you don't want to push or pull a hydro system with out giving the oil a place to go... good luck, I'm not sure what trans axle you have, but be careful with it...

Welcome to the Forum, yesterday MUST be a record for new folks... good to have you all... :smile:KennyV

Gil

Threads
I would like help with the hydro transmission on my john deer 175 lawn tractor. I am unable to get the free wheel release to work. It is stuck in the "on" position. So there is not way to push the tractor if the engin is not running.

Be careful with the Hydro and MAKE sure it is out of "gear" when moved. I know, had to replace the trans a few years ago because of trans failure and they are not cheap. Check and make sure the rod is not bent or hanging up on something.
Regards, Gil