John Deere 1000 Series - What's Taking So Long?

lawnboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
What is taking John DEere so long to introduce the 1000 series tractors?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: lawnboy

When I saw your title ... lawnboy... I thought it was going to be about the mower, Lawnboy.

I see it's not, but I'm curious, what have you heard about a JD 1000? I can't say I have came across anything on it..

In anycase welcome to the forum, and let us know what you have found out about it... :smile:KennyV

lawnboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: lawnboy

Kenny V----I heard from a John Deere dealer that the supplier for the transmissions for the 1000 series tractors has not been able to make enough transmissions. He said that maybe June or beyond would probably be the release date for the tractors.

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
I have moved this thread to the John Deere forum.

BTW, welcome to LMF. :thumbsup:

Kingwood990

Threads
I also herd that the transmission supplier is having trouble supplying transmissions. Also I herd that Deere is have problems with the steering.
Also I believe that Deere is waiting to sell all the 2305 Sub Compact Tractors. The 1000 series is the replacement for the 2305.

Here's some info and pictures of the new 1000 series SCUT.
New John Deere Utility Tractors

Kingwood990

Threads
Thanks for the link... looks too handy, nice small CUT...
The included youtube clips are very good... :smile:KennyV

You are welcome. I have been drooling over this machine for months.

RTSB

Threads
I also herd that the transmission supplier is having trouble supplying transmissions. Also I herd that Deere is have problems with the steering.
Also I believe that Deere is waiting to sell all the 2305 Sub Compact Tractors. The 1000 series is the replacement for the 2305.

Here's some info and pictures of the new 1000 series SCUT.
New John Deere Utility Tractors

I was at dealer yesterday and asked the same question but got a much different answer. The dealer is one of the largest in Michigan so I think there information is correct. They told me in testing the transmission has shown weakness and they are have problem with other cheaply made parts on this tractor. He told me point blank if I was looking to buy a new 1000 series don't buy it, go with the proven 2305.
Many first year tractors may look good on paper and the first 100 hand built proto look good. But there are going to be problems with this one. It may be a replacement for the 2305 but it's a cheaper replacement. There will be more profit for John Deere with the 1000 series.