D100 will crank if spark plug removed but will once in awhile turn over if spark plug

hiety

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / D100 will crank if spark plug removed but will once in awhile turn over if spark plug
I ran out of gas and refilled with gas from last year. Could not get it to start until I removed the air filter. It ran but rapidly started loosing power.
I drained the gas, replaced the air filter and fuel filter. Now it cranks with spark plug out but won't crank with spark plug in.
I have checked for spark and it is good.
I have a charger on the battery to keep battery up.
ANy help would be appreciated

Mikel1

Threads
  • / D100 will crank if spark plug removed but will once in awhile turn over if spark plug
Have you had the battery tested? I usually let Napa test mine at no charge.
P.S. I have a d110.

Jhon

Threads
Try adjusting your valves. There are good videos on YouTube. If your valves are off, you get a lot of back pressure and it is hard to turn over the engine.

jakeamondo

Threads
The ethanol our government added to gas is a killer for small engines and goes bad fast . Do a web search for ethanol phase separation. If it ran good when you put away it should run good now. The battery could also be a problem if its too weak to turn it over