28 HP Commercial Turf engine smoked

tom-ky

Threads
Went to unload mower after mowing yard in town and it smoked real bad, like oil smoke.. Only has 3 hours on it, used it about 1 1/2 today and never saw smoke, hauled it back home and started it to unload, it set an hour or two before unloading and it billowed gray smoke. Oil level is still ok. I ran it a few minutes and it cleared up, let it set a while I clean deck and restarted it with no smoke. Has there been any issues with these engines? If it does it again I will take it back to the dealer, but if it doesn't they probably won't do anything if it can't be duplicated. Could it have anything to do with bouncing around on the rough roads while on the trailer? What would you do?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Went to unload mower after mowing yard in town and it smoked real bad, like oil smoke.. Only has 3 hours on it, used it about 1 1/2 today and never saw smoke, hauled it back home and started it to unload, it set an hour or two before unloading and it billowed gray smoke. Oil level is still ok. I ran it a few minutes and it cleared up, let it set a while I clean deck and restarted it with no smoke. Has there been any issues with these engines? If it does it again I will take it back to the dealer, but if it doesn't they probably won't do anything if it can't be duplicated. Could it have anything to do with bouncing around on the rough roads while on the trailer? What would you do?

My mowers will smoke sometimes after riding on a trailer. Been doing it for years.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

I was wondering if the engine is the Briggs Endurance Commercial ?