Husqvarna MZ61 vs Bad Boy ZT Elite 60"

Heus

Threads
Same msrp at $4999. Husky has a 27 hp Briggs and the Bad Boy has the new Koehler 7000 series. Any preferences? I mow 5-7 acres a week.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Kohler may last longer

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would get the husqvarna

I don't buy into all the crap that one engine last longer then the other.
They are both good engines.

If they both had the same engine which one would you get? Get that one.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Very good point I agree entirely. Personally I kinda like the badboy a little more. It looks more heavy duty vs the huksy which has a lot of pretty decorative parts

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Very good point I agree entirely. Personally I kinda like the badboy a little more. It looks more heavy duty vs the huksy which has a lot of pretty decorative parts

Have never used a bad boy but have heard good things about them.

serelaw

Threads
I would go with the Husqvarna M-ZT 61.
You can find a last years model for about 4700 4900.
It has bigger hydros (3400) and greasable everything.
Also cast iron spindles vs aluminum. With a quick foot activated deck lift.
I do not know how fast the badboy electric would work.
et us know what u decide.. Good luck.

Heus

Threads
Thanks for the opinions guys. How about a new 2013 Dixon Ram Ultra 61"?

serelaw

Threads
Husky/Dixon= same people.
(@ 1st glance)
Dixon has no grease fittings on front steering.
26hp vs 30hp on Husky
Same everything else as MZT-52 looks like.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for the opinions guys. How about a new 2013 Dixon Ram Ultra 61"?
As pointed out, the Dixon is now manufactured by Husqvarna. I looked at the Dixon's when I was buying in the Fall of 2012. I looked at the Ram Ultra, which seemed to be decent bang-for-the-buck, but I was leary of the Kohler Courage which has a less than stellar record. I did, however, almost pull the trigger on a Dixon DX-152, which is Dixon's entry-level Commercial ZTR. VERY NICE machine and just for the record, the dealer said that Husqvarna had implemented some "Dixon features" into their Residential ZTR's(especially the MZ series) but that the Dixon Commercials were still made to the original Dixon specs. IMHO, with you mowing 5-7 acres/week you need to get a high-end Residential or a low-end Commercial ZTR to have something that will hold up. I also looked at the Bad Boy, but the ZT Elite is the model carried at TSC and I don't think it would be a good choice for you. The Bad Boy Outlaw series are very well built(5 gauge...yeah, a full 1/4" thick deck) but you need to find a dealer. The Outlaw and ZT series is night and day regarding overall quality and build. I too, lean towards the Husqvarna MZ series from what you have looked at so far. Do you have a Toro dealer nearby? Check out the Toro Titan MX series or the Z-Master 2000(entry-level Commercial). I was impressed with both of these machines for the money. And of course....I highly recommend looking at a Gravely if you have a nearby dealer. I can assure you that an entry-level Pro-Turn would serve your needs well.

Heus

Threads
Well I decided on the Dixon Ram Ultra 61". It's a new 2013 model that I am getting for $4500 out the door. It seems to be almost exactly the same as the former Husky mz6128 except for engine. Positives: price, 3400 Hydros, bigger tires than the mz or bad boy zt. Negatives: courage engine, aluminum spindles, not a commonly owned brand. It looks like cast iron spindles are a direct replacement, though. I see several on eBay for decent prices.