Removing the final bits of snow

Honey

Threads
Am I crazy to be going out and removing the last bits of snow from my yard with a shovel so it can dry out? I am too impatient to let it go on it's own. My gardens closest to the road are still under snow.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Am I crazy to be going out and removing the last bits of snow from my yard with a shovel so it can dry out? I am too impatient to let it go on it's own. My gardens closest to the road are still under snow.

I have one square foot covered with three inches of snow, that is all that is left here, it's the remants of a huge pile I plowed up and in the shade, once it has melted the snow here is completely gone, for now anyway.

As for you, wait until it melts. The spring rains will wet your yard a lot more than the snow will.

Honey

Threads
I am just impatient and want to start cleaning up my gardens and moving things around. I am close to the road so the first thing is the 6 inches of sand on the perimeter that has to go.

greenacre

Threads
I'm getting impatient as well and my yard is still covered by about 2 feet of snow! As soon as it gets close, I will send the kids out there to clear me an area for my garden.

Pika

Threads
I used to live where it snowed a lot, and I can honestly say I cannot think of ONCE when anyone I knew removed snow from the *yard*. The water from snowmelt is good for your lawn, I would think!