Learning to plow

rer

Threads
Hello everyone. I have a plow, and disks. I was wondering what the disks are for, and also which comes first? I have been pulling the plow to loosen the top layer of dirt, but i have no clue what the disks are for. Also the 5.5hp is doing well pulling about 6-8 inches deep. Any input or tips for plowing and using the discs would be greatly appreciated. :confused2:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello everyone. I have a plow, and disks. I was wondering what the disks are for, and also which comes first? I have been pulling the plow to loosen the top layer of dirt, but i have no clue what the disks are for. Also the 5.5hp is doing well pulling about 6-8 inches deep. Any input or tips for plowing and using the discs would be greatly appreciated. :confused2:

I am somewhat skeptical, have never seen a plow that only 5.5 hp could pull. I was raised on a farm and was plowing and disking at ten years old with a Ford NAA. The disk is used to break up the clods of soil the plow has dug up, you go over the clods several times at different angles amd the tines of the disc break up the clumps of soil more as you go over them multiple times.

What are you using the implements for?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
What style disc do you have... and what type soil? How wide is your disc and what size (diameter) are the discs... A lot of questions, but you can actually plow fairly deep with the right disc set up, in the right soil... :smile:KennyV