CRAFTSMAN - by Snapper?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is the same EXACT mower as the snapper! :eek:

Sears Craftsman

COMPARE:

Snapper RE Rider

Not "Exact"...colors are different. Sears makes almost none of the products it sells, if any. Last spring I purchased a YardPro push mower from Menards, it was made by Husqvarna. Sears sells the Husqvarna mowers with orange paint instead of the silver finish mine had, the difference in price was about $75 more for the orange model at Sears.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not "Exact"...colors are different. Sears makes almost none of the products it sells, if any. Last spring I purchased a YardPro push mower from Menards, it was made by Husqvarna. Sears sells the Husqvarna mowers with orange paint instead of the silver finish mine had, the difference in price was about $75 more for the orange model at Sears.

Oy, what a nitpick. I thought this was a forum, not the New York Times.:rolleyes:

Here's a revision:

Other than paint and minor badging, these mowers are virtually identical!

I do mean revision, too. An edit would mean I changed the original post. But, since the post has been quoted verbatim, a revision would better suit the purpose.

Happy now? I think people knew what I meant...:biggrin:

EDIT*: Besides, I think most people know sears has NEVER made their own equipment. They are just a retailer with a brand. I was just impressed that Sears had such a quality supplier (for ONE model, anyway).

Last edited:

steved

Threads
We bought a Craftsman Snow Blower this winter that was identical to the "Snapper" sitting next to it (same welds, same bolt holes, same engine, etc.), but at about $400 less. I believe they are actually made by Murrey if I was told correctly. Mine says made in Canada...

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
We bought a Craftsman Snow Blower this winter that was identical to the "Snapper" sitting next to it (same welds, same bolt holes, same engine, etc.), but at about $400 less. I believe they are actually made by Murrey if I was told correctly. Mine says made in Canada...

Actually, MTD (Modern Tool and Die) has made almost all the two-stage snowblowers since the 80's. My White is the same thing as an Ariens, which is the same as my dad's Craftsman, which is reeeeal simmilar to a Snapper, which is pretty close to a Simplicity, etc.....same machines, just wearing different clothes. :wink:

I'm actually encouraged by seeing this Craftsman being made by Snapper. They haven't always slapped the 'Craftsman' badge on the highest quality stuff, ya know? Done better the last 10 years or so, but the Craftmans (Craftsmen?) like my resto project are NOT quality to be proud of....:laughing:

steved

Threads
Actually, MTD (Modern Tool and Die) has made almost all the two-stage snowblowers since the 80's. My White is the same thing as an Ariens, which is the same as my dad's Craftsman, which is reeeeal simmilar to a Snapper, which is pretty close to a Simplicity, etc.....same machines, just wearing different clothes. :wink:

The Snapper blower is supposedly made by Murrey...it was nothing like the MTD that was sitting on the OTHER side of the Craftsman. :rolleyes: The Snapper/Craftsman was nothing like the MTD sitting next to them...I studied them very closely, because I wanted nothing to do with a MTD.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Snapper blower is supposedly made by Murrey...it was nothing like the MTD that was sitting on the OTHER side of the Craftsman. :rolleyes: The Snapper/Craftsman was nothing like the MTD sitting next to them...I studied them very closely, because I wanted nothing to do with a MTD.

Could very well be.......Murray is owned by Briggs & Stratton YPPG (yard power products group), who also owns Snapper and Simplicity.....makes sense, if indeed this group has recently made some mowers for Craftsman.

But, I know my dad's Craftsman is DEFINATELY a MTD.....(5 yrs old)