Snapper RER in black

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you're looking for a Snapper RER, take a look at this, and tell me what you see?

Sears Craftstman 28"RER

IT'S THE SAME MOWER, RIGHT DOWN TO THE HI VAC DECK AND DISK DRIVE!!:eek:

If you're skeptical -

Snapper RE Rider

Last edited:

LandN

Threads
It doesn't look like the sears has the pivital frame like snapper,wonder why.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Look closely, LandN.....

Under the seat, where that main tube goes in? It pivots there, and the deck is attached to the front axle, so the deck pivots with it (not always a great feature). Trust me, they both pivot*.

Last edited:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just FYI - I have a neighbor that has had quite a few Snapper RERs over the years and all worked well - UNTIL his Brother in Law got him a new 33" RER --- it vibrates like crazy and nearly shakes this 85 year old to death. There is a LONG free space in the mower deck drive belt and no idler + no tensioner without pulling the frame tube forward. The dealer was NO help and said that it was "normal". :thumbdown: :eek:

rer

Threads
I do not have a link but I believe I haven seen a Wal-Mart knock off. I also feel a non pivot frame could be better for some things.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I do not have a link but I believe I haven seen a Wal-Mart knock off. I also feel a non pivot frame could be better for some things.

This what you're talking about?

If so, not even close.

I wanna like this thing....the size fits me perfectly, the price fits me perfectly, but the quality is seriously lacking. There isn't even a cushion on the seat! (yeah, its HARD plastic) But, for $699 at Kmart.......I AM tempted. The B&S engine is worth that! (when you add shipping for a new engine....)

GEEZ! I didn't even know.....190cc engine....that = 6.5hp. NO WONDER they use torque ratings now!

mikeonsite

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anybody ever use the double bagger attachment that Sears offers? Is it worth the $300 they want for it just for spring scalping?

fbranson

Forum Newbie
Threads
This what you're talking about?

If so, not even close.

I wanna like this thing....the size fits me perfectly, the price fits me perfectly, but the quality is seriously lacking. There isn't even a cushion on the seat! (yeah, its HARD plastic) But, for $699 at Kmart.......I AM tempted. The B&S engine is worth that! (when you add shipping for a new engine....)

GEEZ! I didn't even know.....190cc engine....that = 6.5hp. NO WONDER they use torque ratings now!

I have an 80's model Snapper RER and from what all I've read now that the brand is owned my briggs and stratton it's pretty much gone to hell in a hand basket. If you want a good Snapper RER go for the 60's to late 90's models for sure, I am not sure where the quality fell off, if it was after simplicity owned them or before.

NJsnapper

Threads
I have an 08 RER and I can def say the quality is still there..

Last edited: