Craftsman lawn tractor "turns on a dime" so they claim

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Craftsman lawn tractor "turns on a dime" so they claim
Got a promotional email from Sears.com last night telling me about a great deal on this certain model.

I am not interested, who wants to buy from somebody who is obviously lying about the actual turning capability of their merchandise? I think they should be prosecuted for false advertising. Maybe I should print out the ad and take it to the local Sears store and ask the store associates to prove the claim is true...:rolleyes:

LandN

Threads
so, if i throw a dime on the pavement and take my tractor and run over it .."while".. i'm turning the tractor ,is that turning on a dime:laughing: i know what you mean jd ,a lot of companies use a lot of phrases to promote their products and make them sellable to the public,its a phrase that a lot of people can relate to and understand without getting into technical jargon.thats why i look past all the hype and phrases and use more common sense judgement. a small microscopic improvement on something can be blown way out of such proportions sometimes.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well stated...one of the claims that is utter hype is those for vinyl siding that "rinses clean with a garden hose", what a lot of c----. Our siding is light colored, I have to scrub it with a brush and power wash it at 1200 psi to get it clean..."garden hose" my a---

LandN

Threads
Well stated...one of the claims that is utter hype is those for vinyl siding that "rinses clean with a garden hose", what a lot of c----. Our siding is light colored, I have to scrub it with a brush and power wash it at 1200 psi to get it clean..."garden hose" my a---

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:that was good .... hey what kind of power washer you got? i should get one ,i went through 2 karcher electric models, about 1 year for each of them,my fault not the brand.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:that was good .... hey what kind of power washer you got? i should get one ,i went through 2 karcher electric models, about 1 year for each of them,my fault not the brand.

KARCHER...about 4 years ago the local Meijers was having a sale on a model for $104 out the door...I truthfully expected it to last maybe a year, but this one is bulletproof, I lend it to neighbors, in laws, even my brother, I expected it to last for a year, like most electrics but it seems to hang in like the Energizer Bunny...

173abn

Threads
Hey,JD Craftsman is showing a commerical around here showing that mower mowing around a birdbath and shows the JD aws in the background.says there is a lifetime warranty on the steering.big claims and courageous warranty .I guess enough folks will buy them so stay tuned. russ

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey,JD Craftsman is showing a commerical around here showing that mower mowing around a birdbath and shows the JD aws in the background.says there is a lifetime warranty on the steering.big claims and courageous warranty .I guess enough folks will buy them so stay tuned. russ

At my age I am very skeptical of buying anything with a so called "lifetime warranty"...used to be I was concerned about the product itself being warranted for a lifetime but now I wonder if the lifetime should apply to me...:laughing:

A young man buys his wants with credit, and then wonders if they will last until they are paid for.

An old man buys his needs with cash, and then wonders if they will outlast him...

WHICH GUY IS SPENDING HIS MONEY THE RIGHT WAY? :confused2:

173abn

Threads
me...I got enough toys to keep me busy for awhile.by the way JD I've known 20yr. olds that acted 80 and vice versa.just think positive. russ

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
me...I got enough toys to keep me busy for awhile.by the way JD I've known 20yr. olds that acted 80 and vice versa.just think positive. russ

I bet I got more toys than you , trying to make up for when I was a kid, had very few of them. I like to say:

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood..." :laughing:

jenkinsph

Threads
Just the fact that it says Craftsman or Sears is enough to turn me off. Of all the places I have dealt with over the last 50 years their service and merchandise seems to be the worst. I gave up on them about 10 years ago.