double cutting

LandN

Threads
how succesfull are the people who cut by the 1/3 rule are ? i can't do it, it's to much of a discipline for me, so instead i settle for double cutting my yard:smile:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
how succesfull are the people who cut by the 1/3 rule are ? i can't do it, it's to much of a discipline for me, so instead i settle for double cutting my yard:smile:

With 4 1/2 acres to mow, if I went by the 1/3rd rule I'd be out several hours a day, weather permitting.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads

I can't wait for the big spring growth,,, cut everything every 4yh day or so... that is everything except the back acres ... that will be once every 7 to 10 days... depending on the rain... I like cutting just before a good rain...
BUT generally I do try to cut 1/3 or less, cut a little & cut often... or wait till it gets taller, it is a bigger load to cut and like you say, often need to double cut, so you really don't save much of anything, fuel or time... so I just try to keep it cut... and LOVE every minute of it... :smile:KennyV