Kohler Engines?

CajunCub

Threads
Carl, Before you go tearing down a engine block to get to the governor.....Do you understand how the governor works? "Not being a Smart A$$" But, the governor is a plastic gear that is driven directly from the crankshaft gear, it is not a issue of it breaking or being stripped, it is only an adjustment issue on the arm that comes out of block. I have seen these little arms simply slip from the postion that they need to be in. There is the right way to adjust it.....everything else is wrong. The governor is set with the engine OFF...the RPMs are set while it is running. Just get the adjustment right and your engine will be fine. If you want I could walk through this but it would have to be by phone....If you have a speaker phone it would work out pretty easy. OBTW....do you have a compression gauge?

Carl in CT

Threads
CajunCut, you are not being a Smart A$$ at all. I am not a pro so I appreciate your input and help. I will see what I can do with my mower before dragging it into a different shop again. I'm not in a hurry to drop another $300 on it. If I have no luck maybe I'll come looking for your help over the phone, that's very nice of you to offer that. I understand the basics of the governor but have never seen the inner workings. I was once told a long time ago that they have weights that can get stuck and cause problems like what I have.

jimdelgatto

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a lawnboy with a kohler engine...self perpelled..elec start....any one have any thing to tell me about that?