John Deere 1023E vs John Deere 2305

JasonB

Threads
Hi

Well Yesturday I had the chance to look over a 1023E first hand at a local Farm Show. I do like the styling of the tractor and it looks nice. I was a little disapointed in the quality of the plastic on the 1023E, looks a lot cheaper then the plastic fenders and such on my 2305. Again this might have been a pre-production unit that has been out on the show circut for some time as well.

A few things I noticed on the 1023E, is that it appears( to me anyway) that the 1023E has less foot room then my 2305, so a taller guy might find operating the tractor a little uncomortable. The 1023E has no tilt steering wheel, and lower seat then my 2305, although the 1026R has a better seat option and tilt steering wheel. Still I found the steering wheel positioned a bit better on my 2305. I think the Tilt steering wheel on the 1026R would really help out seeing the dash better.
I was a little disapointed with the dash on the 1023E, I was glad to see the Temp gage on the dash, but was really hoping that a fuel quality gage would also be on the dash, instead its off to the side by the fuel tank. I am not sure why they could not have had the fuel gage on the dash like the X700's which also fuel there tank from the side. I like having the fuel gage right in front of me, like my 2305... only wish it had a Temp gage... Maybe they will change this eventually and I am assuming the 1026R is the same set as the 1023E, unless thats a change for it, but I have not seen a 1026R in person.

The Rear 3point hitch top link seems a little smaller in diameter then the one on my 2305, but seems like it will handle the load without a problem. The quick atach hitch on the 3 point hitch is really nice but am sure I could get or modify something to fit on my 2305 like the new "1" series have.

One thing I disliked was the Mid/rear PTO selector lever, a lot smaller then the lever on my 2305 and a bit harder to locate. I prefer the lever on my 2305, but thats just my opnion. Overall there has been some nice improvements to the unit, like the driveover deck but if I were in the market for upgrading the 2305, I would likely skip over the 1023E and go for the 1026R, the higher end model with better features and for the price difference I would over look the 1023E in my opnion.

Still all said and done I am really happy with my Deere 2305 and have no plans to upgrade in the future. What really dispointed me at the show, was the Sales reps at the Deere booth. While some were busy with other customers, there were a couple of them who were doing nothing and looked directly at me while I was inspecting the 1023E closely. I was hoping someone would have acknowleged me or at least said Hello. I also visted the Kubota display and there sales reps where friendly and would answer any question that I had. Even if one sales rep was busy he acknowlwged me with a "Hello" and said he would be with me in a minute if I needed something. I was impressed with that I did not have my JD cap on.
Granted I have a long standing great relationship with my local Deere Dealer who offers great service and are always helpful with anything. I would give them my business but none of their reps were on hand and these other reps from different dealers and could care less about helping out their customers who are not known to them. To me that sad as they could have sold me something. Just my observations though. Not all Deere dealer reps are like this, but this was my observations from the show. I do like Deere equipment but some dealers are not that friendly to deal with.

Take Care Jason B