AGRESSIVE TIRE ON A CUB CADET RZT 42?

tintdude

Forum Newbie
Threads
Time for some new tires. Was not really happy with traction from the stockers. What is most aggressive rear tires i can put on and not destroy a yard. Thanks

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Time for some new tires. Was not really happy with traction from the stockers. What is most aggressive rear tires i can put on and not destroy a yard. Thanks

If you get too aggressive you will rip things up at each turn...square shoulder's so more damage than round...

On a ZTR mower I have found a rounded shoulder tire, in the largest rim width you can mount is going to give the best traction with the least turf damage...
Since you are having clearance issues with loading anyway... and you are looking to replace tires, Look for the next size taller tire with rounded shoulders... This may be the perfect time to help with both issues...
What size is the stock tire? :smile:KennyV

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
You could easily go to a 20 x 8.00-8
that will give you about the same footprint patch, ground pressure, and with having 2 inch taller tire, you gain 1 inch in rear deck clearance, if you could raise the front at the caster wheel swivel you should be about perfect for what you want...

Or a 20 x 10.00-8, that will give you the same added height but it may cut your traction as it increases the width along with the length of the footprint, thus giving you less traction, unless you increase the weight of your tractor... :smile:KennyV