LA170 Riding Mower Wont Start

hosedagain

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good day, having issues with my LA170 to star, twin cylinder Biggs, engine. Replaced the plugs and gas filter. Getting a strong spark, took the gas line off at the carb, getting gas. Compression is 70PSI both cylinder, 200HRS. Can any body telling me if I am missing something? What else can I look at? Was thinking of spraying a very small amount starter fluid into the carb inlet pipe or into the cylinder not sure what it would prove, don't really like doing this but getting desperate. I think I will drain the gas its from last fall with gas stabilizer in it. Spray carb cleaner into the gas inlet?
Thanks for your help...
\Ron

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good day, having issues with my LA170 to star, twin cylinder Biggs, engine. Replaced the plugs and gas filter. Getting a strong spark, took the gas line off at the carb, getting gas. Compression is 70PSI both cylinder, 200HRS. Can any body telling me if I am missing something? What else can I look at? Was thinking of spraying a very small amount starter fluid into the carb inlet pipe or into the cylinder not sure what it would prove, don't really like doing this but getting desperate. I think I will drain the gas its from last fall with gas stabilizer in it. Spray carb cleaner into the gas inlet? Thanks for your help... \Ron

Spray carb cleaner into the carb if it starts then you know it's a gas problem.
I bet you will need to clean the carb after letting the gas sit in it for months.

hosedagain

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just had a thought, it might be the safety switch under the seat, will look to see if a wire came loose

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you have spark and it spins over it will most likely not be a safety switch.

Mikel1

Threads
It was the safety switch or wasn't?