Yamaha YLM 346 - needs new coil

Watson306

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Guys,
I am new here, and from the UK.
I have an old mower which probably wont last much longer, and have been offered relatively cheaply a Yamaha YLM 346 which looking at it appears to be in excellent condition (and has the following extras that make it better than our current mower key start, rear roller, and self proppelled).

The problem being before comitting myself I had a search on the internet, and it would appear that many parts are not available now including the coil, now looking at it I find it hard to believe as it looks in such descent condition, but I guess I dont actually know how old it actually is and neither does the current owner.

My question is does anybody here know if a coil from another make of mower would do the job?

Many Thanks

Watson306

tybilly

Threads
you've tried ebay? I see a lot of parts for Yamaha mowers,mostly lawn tractors

Watson306

Forum Newbie
Threads
you've tried ebay? I see a lot of parts for Yamaha mowers,mostly lawn tractors

I have checked the UK ebay and havent seen one - but I guess I could buy the mower and then look out for one - but didnt want to commit until I knew I could repair it.

mistermowerman

Threads
Hi Guys,
I am new here, and from the UK.
I have an old mower which probably wont last much longer, and have been offered relatively cheaply a Yamaha YLM 346 which looking at it appears to be in excellent condition (and has the following extras that make it better than our current mower key start, rear roller, and self proppelled).

The problem being before comitting myself I had a search on the internet, and it would appear that many parts are not available now including the coil, now looking at it I find it hard to believe as it looks in such descent condition, but I guess I dont actually know how old it actually is and neither does the current owner.

My question is does anybody here know if a coil from another make of mower would do the job?

Many Thanks

Watson306

There was a firm called Carters of Swanwick who used to be one of the main Yamaha dealers ,i am not sure if they are still in business .Gary