Faster mower

Penalty333

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a craftsman koler 14 hp and would like it To go faster im a noob so dont tell me to do too complicated but i know to change pulleys but what about the motor?

Penalty333

Forum Newbie
Threads
Like how do you adjust the exhaust govener carberator and stuff what size pulleys do you suggest

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a craftsman koler 14 hp and would like it To go faster im a noob so dont tell me to do too complicated but i know to change pulleys but what about the motor?

Welcome to the Forum ...
What do you want to make faster... the mowing or the MPH that you are moving...?

Just how FAST di you want to go?? :smile:KennyV

noma

Threads
hay penalty 333

Welcome aboard, glad to see new people here, there is a lot of knowledge that goes through here. You can't go wrong by being on this forum it's a no brainer licking:

Penalty333

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome to the Forum ...
What do you want to make faster... the mowing or the MPH that you are moving...?

Just how FAST di you want to go?? :smile:KennyV

I want it to move faster i took the mowing part off. I heard from youtube to take the exhaust right off and change pullies. Can i do much else like the govener i want it to go faster than it is but not so fast it blows the motor

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I want it to move faster i took the mowing part off. I heard from youtube to take the exhaust right off and change pullies. Can i do much else like the govener i want it to go faster than it is but not so fast it blows the motor

If you block out the governor you will take a chance of over revving and major engine damage,,,
If you have adequate HP and low end torque, you can change the primary pulley (larger) and the secondary pulley (smaller)...
just like changing the sprocket sizes on a bicycle or a go-cart... :smile:KennyV