Burning on concrete?

Danjr94

Threads
Will burning on concrete damage it? Like crack or scorch it?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Heat rises... So doubt any cracks. Scorch marks probably but I think that can be washed away

possum

Threads
Do not burn on concrete. As concrete heats up it begins to pop small particles out. They get into eyes, pockets, etc. Heat does rise. If you ever wonder just how much it will rise then next time you barbecue lay a hot steak on your hand. Let us all know just how long it took it to rise off your hand. Do please take a video.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do not burn on concrete. As concrete heats up it begins to pop small particles out. They get into eyes, pockets, etc. Heat does rise. If you ever wonder just how much it will rise then next time you barbecue lay a hot steak on your hand. Let us all know just how long it took it to rise off your hand. Do please take a video.

I guess that's true but I've burned on concrete before with no issues

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not all concrete is as good as some....
But all concrete will absorb moisture, if you heat it and that moisture gets trapped when it turns to steam... you will pop the surface off... if not right away, eventually it will wreck it... KennyV:smile:

Kmzlawncare

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do not burn on concrete it will pop when it heats up the face will come off and in can burn you when it pops off. I've been a masonry contractor for 28 years and have seen it happen many times.