Water Features

monica123

Threads
Do you use a water feature in your garden? Do you prefer small table top fountains? Pre-fabricated in the ground ponds, or to dig and design your own pond to your own specifications.

ReggieDeere

Threads
I have to go with the "do it yourself" pond. I'm old school, so I'd much rather build something from scratch with the help of my boys. It's a great feeling to build something beautiful and then be able to say, I built that.:smile:

JimmyWeb

Threads
I have to go with a pond kit. Although I don't have one presently, I am doing some window shopping.
This one looks like what I want.

260584x.jpg

monica123

Threads
Both are great ideas. I too am window shopping for my next one. I have a pre fab, a fountain, a create my own version with a pump...etc. Eventually I would love to have one flowing down the side of my hill with a rock garden and a waterfall.

Iplayfarmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've always thought it would be fun to build one with a windmill that pumps the water. Of course the wind always blows where I live. It would be cool to have that added motion feature to compliment the motion of the water. I've even thought about having a "reservoir" of some sort to store the water for use on calm days.

BlueGrass

Threads
We built our own pond and have fish in it. We just got our first batch of toad eggs in the pond which was way cool and we have birds and squirrels that come and visit the pond too. If I had a bigger plot of land I would have to make an even bigger pond.

grnspot110

Threads
We have the "oil pan fountain", the buried Rubbermaid stock tank-w/goldfish, & the goldfish & Koi pond! The two Koi got too big for the tank! ~~ grnspot110

Attachments

• Flower Gardens 2008 063 (Small).jpg
    Flower Gardens 2008 063 (Small).jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Flower Gardens 2008 110 (Small).jpg
    Flower Gardens 2008 110 (Small).jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Flower Gardens 2008 093a.jpg
    Flower Gardens 2008 093a.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 5

monica123

Threads
Wow, I love those, I am attempting to make a new one out of an old washer tub, but it has 2 holes in the bottom and there hard to seal but I have a cedar barrel one and a pre fab one I have had for years.

grnspot110

Threads
Wow, I love those, I am attempting to make a new one out of an old washer tub, but it has 2 holes in the bottom and there hard to seal but I have a cedar barrel one and a pre fab one I have had for years.

I started out with a cast iron bath tub buried in the ground, worked fine, just not big enough! ~~ grnspot110

Zeroturn

Threads
Great ideas for sure, I love them all. I want to get some sort of a pond too but not a real one (they attract snakes). I'm thinking something already built that we can put some goldfish in. I'm not sure how long they would last as our cats love fish!