Repairs LX277 Yellow Battery Charging light staying on, battery is fine

JDglider

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / LX277 Yellow Battery Charging light staying on, battery is fine
The Yellow Battery Charging light is staying lit on my LX277. The battery is remaining fully charged and has been checked at an Auto Parts store. This tractor has the Kawasaki FH500V 17.5 hp motor. The battery cables measure 1.2 ohms resistance. The output from the stator, white leads on the voltage regulator, is showing 33VAC high idle and 13VAC at low idle. The battery registers 12 VDC when the tractor is off and when it is running. The red lead off the Voltage regulator grounded to the engine also reads 12 VDC. Is there something wrong with the Voltage Regulator?

JDglider

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Yellow Battery Charging light is staying lit on my LX277. The battery is remaining fully charged and has been checked at an Auto Parts store. This tractor has the Kawasaki FH500V 17.5 hp motor. The battery cables measure 1.2 ohms resistance. The output from the stator, white leads on the voltage regulator, is showing 33VAC high idle and 13VAC at low idle. The battery registers 12 VDC when the tractor is off and when it is running. The red lead off the Voltage regulator grounded to the engine also reads 12 VDC. Is there something wrong with the Voltage Regulator?

What should the voltage be reading out of the Voltage Regulator?

tybilly

Threads
should be 14.1 vdc,..could there be a failed diode?

JDglider

Forum Newbie
Threads
should be 14.1 vdc,..could there be a failed diode?

A failed diode in the Voltage Regulator? Probably should just buy one and see what happens. A little concerned that I might need a new ignition circuit board, as well.