z-beast

tim

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has anyone ever tried this mower? Zero turn that sells at home depo. It has a subaru engine on it. Just never heard of them. But the price is fair and the mower looks pretty tuff.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
:laughing:SUBARU ENGINE??? This I gotta see for myself...gonna go check HD.com rite now !!!!

Hope you didn't make a typo...did anybody ever hear the joke about the motocross race announcer who kept raving non stop about the "Kowalski" motorcycles that were leading the race....:laughing: :laughing:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Has anyone ever tried this mower? Zero turn that sells at home depo. It has a subaru engine on it. Just never heard of them. But the price is fair and the mower looks pretty tuff.

I seen the mowers at Home Depot, they also can be purchased with the Kawasaki 31 hp and I'm not sure but isn't the beast made by DEK or somethin. They do look like a tuff mower. It's no typo the one I looked at had the Subaru Engine.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

My BLackberry got a hit that said it's the Beast Z, a 54 inch cut, 653cc, 22 hp (yes, it's a Subaru engine) 7-gage deck (that is HEAVY DUTY) I like the color, medium orange..has 3 customer reviews online all gave it 5 stars out of 5 possible. Can't find a price though. What is weird is I got a hit on LMF for the same mower, last post was November 12, 2010...gotta look that up here.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
My BLackberry got a hit that said it's the Beast Z, a 54 inch cut, 653cc, 22 hp (yes, it's a Subaru engine) 7-gage deck (that is HEAVY DUTY) I like the color, medium orange..has 3 customer reviews online all gave it 5 stars out of 5 possible. Can't find a price though. What is weird is I got a hit on LMF for the same mower, last post was November 12, 2010...gotta look that up here.

At the Home Depot here the 54 is running $3799 which isn't a bad price. The 62 with the 31hp Kawasaki is priced at $4999

KeithAlbert

Threads
In my opinion if you're going to spend that much money than you should buy a real commercial mower with 18,000 fpm tip speed. Not the governed by law home owner max off 12,000 fpm. Now you'll have a mower that will last you your lifetime and give you the best possible cut ever in half the time. Just sayin'

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
In my opinion if you're going to spend that much money than you should buy a real commercial mower with 18,000 fpm tip speed. Not the governed by law home owner max off 12,000 fpm. Now you'll have a mower that will last you your lifetime and give you the best possible cut ever in half the time. Just sayin'

The Z- Beast is a commercial mower and I think if you do a little research you'll find the 54 in Zero turn commercial mower has a 18,950 fpm blade tip speed @ 3600 rpm engine speed. The major concern about the Beast is where to have the mower fixed if something does go wrong. Parts availability?

ihc_444

Threads
QXI Outdoor power makes it, they also sell it as a Stanley Brand at Sears and Northern Tool and DEK at other hardware stores. In my area there is one local warranty repair (general warranty) but there are over a dozed within 25 miles for the Subaru/robin engine. Gravely makes comparable model the ZT XL with a Kawasaki engine (24 HP) for a couple of hundred less (depending on the dealer), no roll bar, 10 ga deck, smaller caster wheels etc. but Gravely has a list of accessories for it. Currently there are no accessories for the Z-beast (ie bagger). If you are going to mow and mow rural lawns the larger caster wheels, rollbar and heaver deck are well worth the $200.

From what I have seen mowers with the features of the Z-beast/Stanley are all about a couple of thousand more. Just wish the QXI zero turns had been on the market longer. I have still not seen a post on a forum from an actual owner.

CajunCub

Threads
Subaru is the company that manufactured the Wisconsin Robin engines (10 to 40HP, singles & V-Twins), They have been making engines for years & did put the Subaru name on some of them. They were mainly made for commercial equipment. I really have not seen many problems with them when we had a few in our rental equipment. I had seen a few in the mowers.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Subaru is the company that manufactured the Wisconsin Robin engines (10 to 40HP, singles & V-Twins), They have been making engines for years & did put the Subaru name on some of them. They were mainly made for commercial equipment. I really have not seen many problems with them when we had a few in our rental equipment. I had seen a few in the mowers.

If you'll look at the videos in the Jacobsen forum (several videos are posted there - thanks, Two-Stroke), the most normal-looking one has a two-stroke Robin.....made by Subaru. :biggrin: