Raptor vs Exmark Quest vs Toro Timecutter SS5000

ButchyBoy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,

I will be purchasing my first residential ZTR for my 1.5 acre lawn (99% flat and manicured). I need to stay around $3,000-$3,500 (so although I appreciate the response I don't want to hear that I should buy a $5k unit, cause it ain't happening)

I've been researching like a madman and have narrowed down my choices to these 3:
1) Hustler Raptor (not SD)
2) Exmark Quest
3) Toro Timecutter SS5000

Both dealers are close so I'd like to limit my brands to these 3 (The Toro is sold at both the Exmark and Hustler dealer).Since my lawn is pretty smooth and this will be just for my lawn, I want to to get opinions on these 3 ZTR's.

First off, I am leaning towards the Raptor since it is the only one that has a fabricated deck. But really, how important is this, considering my flat, smooth lawn?

I like all of the options that the Timecutter offers with their accessories, which seem to be more reasonably priced than Hustler or Exmark extras.

The Raptor has the slowest blade tip speed so that is a negative.

Exmark seems to own a big chunk of the market around where I live, but it's the commercial stuff I see, not residential.

I just can't seem to pull the trigger and would like first hand experience from people with knowledge of the 3.

If anyone has any thoughts I would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks!

bwc3030

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am curently lookign also. I have driven the exmark and the hustler. To me the exmark was smoother but that may be just me. Also the hustler has a slower blade speed. But the hustler does have the fab deck. You may also want to look at the exmark quest s series it has an upgraded drive and a fab deck. Any would be a good mower. I would suggest go drive them and see which one feels the best.